Chapter 40: Fights

Jay watched Tom and Nathan leave the flat without any regret. After crying and begging for hours, he gave up and let him do whatever he pleased. He stayed in the living room alone, laying down and thinking of everything that made up the world.

Why do I even try? Nathan, the person who'd believe me most, doesn't know I'm saying the truth. Tom has such a manipulating mind and Gullible Nathan fell for the trap. Jay thought.

Maybe this is life telling me to end it all. Nath's too hard a catch and I'm a miserable lonely oaf no one will ever love.

Jay got up and got a small, sharp knife from the kitchen. He traced several lines on the flat part of his stomach, unsure whether to do it or not.

Here goes nothing...

He punctured the knife inside his belly a little less than an inch. Dark red blood oozed out, a satisfying gasp coming out from Jay.

He continued for a few extra inches until he looked at the knife carefully.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Jay yelled to himself, throwing the knife across the room.

The knife neatly landed on the wall, staying stuck inside.

"What am I doing?!" He asked, getting up and hurrying towards the restroom.

He got the first aid kit, grunting as pain filled his stomach. He cleaned the leaking blood, covering it up throughly.

"Shit..." He moaned, shedding a tear.

He got to his room, calling Nathan on his phone. After a few rings, Nathan picked up the line, only to hang up as Jay started talking. Jay called again, but Nathan wouldn't answer. He put on a shirt and pants, leaving outside. He ran across the streets in search for the love of his life, hoping to catch him together with Tom. Minutes turned to hours and the planet appeared to be growing bigger and bigger by the second. Desperation planned to take over Jay, but he wouldn't give up without a fight. He ran to Tom's apartment, knowing the man of his dreams awaited him.

• • •

"You gotta hear me out!" Jay said, holding Nathan by the shoulders.

Jay had just arrived to Tom's flat and Nathan wouldn't talk to him. Thankfully, Tom had gone out to buy some groceries, giving Jay a little time to convince Nathan he was saying the truth.

"Get away." Nathan said, pushing him to the side.

"Please Nath... One minute we share hearts but the next you treat me like I'm rubbish. I don't know what Tom had you believe but I'm the one you need to trust." Jay told Nathan, briefly touching his arm.

Nathan stayed quiet, thoughtfully glancing away.

"You've got five minutes. Tom will be back by then." Nathan said.

Thank you God... Jay quickly thought, readying himself for his big speech.

"I went out to buy our... You know. As I walked out Max grabbed me and took me to this flat with Tom where they hit me and Tom raped me and Max spanked me and-"

"You expect me to believe that?" Nathan asked, an annoyed look on his face.

"YES! If you were truly in love with me you would... Please..." Jay persisted, doing his best not to cry again.

"Prove it to me." Nathan said.

"Look." Jay said, pulling his pants down and showing Nathan his badly bruised butt.

Nathan frowned, starting to feel sorry for him.

"Any girl could've done that." Nathan said.

Jay shook his head disappointedly, pulling his pants up.