5. Bad News

Dipper's POV

After we finally arrived at the mystery shack, it was dark outside and Sapphire, Soos and Wendy all headed back home, leaving just me and Mabel.

"Hey, Dipper, I'm really sorry about the journal." Mabel said, as we walked inside and she rested her hand on my shoulder. "It's okay. The person I really feel bad for is great uncle Ford. All the hard work he put into it.." I said, sighing. "What are you going to do?" Mabel asked.

"I'm going to go tell great uncle Ford. Hopefully he won't be too mad." I told her. "Good luck, then." Mabel responded as I walked over to the vending machine and typed in the secret passcode. It opened up so I walked downstairs, carrying the saturated journal.

I walked down the stairway that made my footsteps echo around the room. I reached the bottom and went down the elevator, all the way to the last floor. There great uncle Ford was, at his desk like always. "Hey, great uncle Ford." I said in an unhappy tone. "Oh, Dipper. It's a surprise seeing you down here. What's wrong?" He asked, spinning around in his chair to face me.

"Well, there is no easy way of saying this, but.." I pulled out the saturated journal. All great uncle Ford did was gasp. "How did this happen?" He asked as he stood up and walked over to me.

"Well, it happened when I left the journal by the river and it accidentally got kicked in. Now all the ink had faded all away." I said, ashamed.

"This is the worse timing.." Great uncle Ford said quietly as he walked back over to his desk. "What do you mean?" I asked, following behind him. He opened up the cubbyhole which the rift was hidden in, and he carefully pulled it out.

"You see this? The rift is chipping." Great uncle Ford pointed at the the slight crack in the rift. I just stood there, silently. "If this continues, the rift may crack and cause reality as we know it to unravel." He said.

"What do we do?" I asked him, increasing in worry. "Well in journal three, I had a page on an alien adhesive that was strong enough to seal up the rift. But now that journal three is ruined, I can't specifically locate where to find it."

"But while there is still some time left, I'm going to do research and find out if there is any other possible ways to seal it up." Great uncle Ford said.

"Aw man, this is all my fault. One stupid mistake." I face palmed. "It's alright, boy. We all make stupid mistakes. Just look at me for instance. I made a deal with Bill and end up creating an inter dimensional rift. Now that's stupid." Great uncle Ford chuckled.

I chuckled back at him. "Now you get back up there. I have a lot of research to do." He gave me a noogie. "Goodbye, great uncle Ford." I waved as I walked towards the door. "Goodbye, Dipper." He said and waved before I shut the door.

After I left the basement, I immediately headed back upstairs and went to bed early. I had way too much on my mind to even eat dinner. I sat in bed for a few hours, and I still haven't fell asleep. I kept twisting and turning until I accidentally fell out of bed. "Son of a--" I mumbled as I hit the ground.

I stood up and rubbed my back. 'Well I'm awake for sure now.' I thought. I decided to head downstairs. I entered the kitchen and headed to the fridge to pour myself a cup of milk before I sat down at the kitchen table.

I closed my eyes as I took a sip. Once I opened them again, a certain man in a yellow tailcoat stood right in front of me. I immediately spat out my milk when I seen him.

He laughed psychotically before speaking "Well yellow to you too, Pine Tree." Bill said, bending over so our faces met. "What do you want?" I spat. "Oh you know, just wanted to let you know how the plans are going GREAT. Before you know it, I'll be your new king." Bill said with malevolent in his eye.

"No! We won't let you!" I yelled as I pointed at him. "And how will you stop me huh, Pine Tree?" He asked, getting close into my face again. "We will, uh, umm--"

"That's what I thought." Bill cut me off. "I'll see you real soon, physically." Bill started to laugh maniacally once again and everything went blurry as he disappeared.

I quickly shot up from the position my head was laying on the table and I screamed, which of course that have woken up Mabel. "What's going on?" Mabel asked as stood at the entrance of the kitchen, yawning. "Mabel, I just had a dream with Bill in it." I said, standing up next to her. "What did he say?" Mabel asked. "Well, he said that he'll be king of our world soon." I said.

"Don't be silly, Dipper. There is no way he can come into our reality without possession. And when he does, he looses all his powers." Mabel said. "But--" I stopped myself. I can't reason with her because I promised great uncle Ford I wouldn't tell anyone about the rift. So she still believes that he is powerless in our reality.

"Yeah, okay." I went along with it. "Now let's get you back to bed." Mabel took my hand and dragged me upstairs. I laid in my bed, thinking about Bill's words and I stayed awake for the rest of the night.