7. Change Of Plans

Sapphire's POV

After I left the Mystery Shack, I headed back to my home, the nightmare realm. "Welcome back, Sapphire." My dad greeted me. "Thanks." I replied. After Dipper has asked me out on a date, I haven't been able to stop grinning since then. I was making things too obvious that something special happened. "Why are you so happy?" My dad asked.

"Get this, Dipper just asked me out on a date." I chirped. "Haha, I always knew Pine Tree had a thing for you. But now that he's actually revealing himself, it's the perfect opportunity for you to take advantage of his feelings!" My dad said.

"About that.. I prefer not to use him like that." I said. All my dad did was stare at me, puzzled. "Sweetie, you're already using them all. That's the only way how our plan is going to succeed." My dad replied.

"Well, maybe I don't want part of the plan anymore." I said, without thinking. My voice echoed throughout our dimension and everyone started to pay attention to our conversation. "Excuse me?" My dad started to sound furious.

"You're not going to let some dumb mortal get in the way of our plans!" My dad yelled as his skin began to tent red and ignite. "But what if I loved that mortal, huh dad?!" I yelled back at him. He just remained in silence, but his flames only grew bigger.

"I'm leaving." I turned my back and opened up the portal. "No!" My dad yelled as he flew rapidly over to me. "Bring me to Gravity Falls, Oregon." I said real quick. I glanced behind me and he was incredibly close. I immediately stepped inside of the portal, and he grabbed a hold of my boot.

I felt his flames melting through my boot, causing my foot to burn up. I immediately kicked my boot off, making him fall backwards into the midst of the void. "Sapphire, you little--" I heard him yell out furiously before I left.

'Did I really just do that?' I thought as I stepped ground on earth. I was feeling mixed emotions at the time, not sure if I made the right decision. But I love Dipper, and that's what is important to me right now.

I limped over to the mystery shack with only one boot and a burning foot thanks to my dad. Mabel told me to arrive early so she can help me get ready for our date. I knocked on their door and thankfully just Mabel answered. "Sapphy!" Mabel hugged me.

"I'm glad you're here! Follow me!" Mabel took my hand and pulled me upstairs, which caused my foot to swell up. "Ow, ow, ow." I pulled back on her hand, causing her to stop. "What's wrong?" She asked, giving me an innocent look. She looked down and noticed that I was holding my foot.

"Oh my gummy bears-- are you okay?!" Mabel asked. "Yeah. I lost my boot and my foot is swelling up." I said. "How did this happen?" Mabel asked. "You won't believe me if I told you. Don't worry about it, though. I'm fine." I said. "Whatever you say." Mabel said, calmly. She slowly pulled my hand upstairs, being careful that she didn't hurt me.

"So anyway, we're going to fix you the perfect outfit! Follow me!" Mabel gestured me towards her closet. She opened the door and flicked on the lights to her closet. "Ta-da!" Mabel sang. "You can choose any dress and a pair of shoes." Mabel offered.

I nodded my head and started to look around. After a few minutes, I chose a knee length medium blue dress that matched my crystal eyes perfectly, and a pair of jet black of boots. "What do you think?" I asked Mabel as I held the ends of my dark blue dress up.

"I think you look amazing! But what's more important is what you think." Mabel said as she pulled my hand in front on her standing mirror and rested her hands on both of my shoulders. "I like it." I smiled.

"You can have it." Mabel responded. "Really?" I questioned her. "Of course! Blue seems to match you way more than yellow does."

"Thanks." I smiled at her. "No problem. Now allow me to fix your hair." Mabel said. "Uh, okay." I was a little hesitant, but I knew whatever Mabel had planned would be amazing.

It took her awhile to fix my hair, but she ended up putting my hair into a casual bun, letting my side bangs flow in the front. "And.. There. You look so adorable! Dipper is going to love you. And while we're speaking of him, it's probably time for your date. Are you ready?" Mabel asked.

"Yup." I agreed. "Excellent! Let's go downstairs." Mabel replied. We both walked downstairs and headed by the entry of the door. "Dipper! Your date is ready!" Mabel yelled across the room.

"I'm coming!" Dipper yelled back in response. Dipper took a minute, but he eventually made it to the front door. Once he entered, I couldn't help but stare him down. He was wearing a red flannel, jeans, his black converses, and his hair was perfectly messy.

I looked up at his face and he was staring me down as well. He looked up at me and our eyes met. "You look gorgeous." Dipper said in awe. "Right back at you." I smiled. We dazed into each other eyes for awhile until Mabel interrupted. "Hate to interrupt this moment, but I'm pretty sure your movie is starting really soon." Mabel looked down at her watch.

"Oh, right." Dipper snapped out of the gaze. "Are you ready, Sapphire?" Dipper reached out his hand to me. "I sure am." I said as I took his hand and blushed. "You two have fun!" Mabel waved bye as we walked out the door.

We had Soos pick us up and drop us off at the cinema. "Thanks, Soos!" Me and Dipper said as we waved bye to Soos. He honked his horn at us before he drove away. Me and Dipper entered the cinema and he bought two tickets.We picked up snacks, beverages and headed over to the theater they're playing the mystery movie. We walked all the way up the stairs and took our seats, right in time for the movie to start.

Ford's POV

I've been awake for days without any sleep, researching about a solution to seal up the rift. I haven't found anything yet and I'm starting to think this is hopeless. I decided to give it a break and take a nap. I laid down on the couch, closed my eyes and I drifted to sleep immediately.

I was having a dream where I was in stuck in the portal again. All that time I was in there, I became a wanted criminal and had to hide from everybody. Especially that demon. As I was running away from all surroundings, I accidentally bumped into someone.

I turned around and I found Bill floating right in front of my eyes. But there was something different looking with him. I would've normally took a moment to check out what it was, but I didn't have time. Who knows what he could do to me at this point?

"Well isn't it Sixer?" Bill spoke. "Stay away from me!" I turned around tried to run away, but he extended his arm and pulled me back. "Not so quick." He spoke. "I swear, if you think you can hold me back, then you are--" I looked up and got a good look at his face. And it definitely wasn't Bill... It was Sapphire!

"Surprise!" She exclaimed, laughing maniacally.

I immediately shot up right after I had that dream. I picked up my glasses that I knocked off of my head, and placed them back onto my face. "Sapphire is Bill's daughter! I have to warn them!" I said as I quickly got up from the couch and grabbed my electric gun. I ran upstairs immediately, exiting out of the vending machine.

"Oh, Grunkle Ford! What are you--" Mabel spoke, but I cut her off. "There is no time to explain! Where is Dipper?" I asked. "Oh, he's on a date with Sapphire." Mabel said. "A what? Where?!" I asked, anxious for an answer. "At the movie theaters." She said.

"I need to stop this immediately!" I yelled as I ran out the door. "Wait, Grunkle Ford!" Mabel yelled, but I ignored her because there is no time to waste.