22. Princess Cipher

"Let's do this," I sighed, knowing there's no turning back now. I levitated high in the air and announced, "May I have everyone's attention, please?" My voice echoed throughout the dimension.

Everyone went silent and looked high up in the air at me. I took a moment to clear my throat, then continued, "Now I know it's odd to see me back here after ruining your plans to liberate our dimension, but I promise you it'll be different this time."

"This time, I'll take upon the great role of Bill Cipher and allow everyone to a second chance of freedom!" I exclaimed and everyone cheered in response. "Now let's do this," I said. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, concentrating on opening a portal big enough for all of us. Everyone patiently watched me from below.

As my eyes were closed, I felt my powers draining from me bit by bit and the sky began to tremble, meaning it was working. Suddenly, a bright light followed by a loud boom noise appeared out of no where. I opened my eyes and there it was, a huge portal ran across the sky, like nothing I've ever seen before.

I felt a little lightheaded and sweaty afterwards. "Are you alright?" Sterling asked as he floated behind me, resting a hand on my shoulder. "Y-yeah, I'm just not used to having that much power sucked out of me at once," I replied as I rested my hand on my forehead. "Oh you'll get used to it. In fact, you're going to become a spoiled little princess once you adjust to your new powers, I know it," Sterling joked. "Yeah right," I snickered as I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway.. Let's escape this place and show the mortals what fun looks like," I said with a devilish grin. "That's what I'm talking about," Sterling proudly smirked.

"After you, princess Cipher," Sterling guided me with his arms with a cheeky smile. I flew through the portal, ready to start my reign.

Mabel's POV

"Dipper, come on! Can we talk about this please?" I asked, as I knocked on his locked door for the hundredth time. He's been in his room all day and I still don't know why he stormed in the room earlier so upset.

"No.. Leave me alone," he grumbled. "Fine, I'm leaving right now!" I yelled at him as I stood in the same place, stomping my feet to imitate walking away.

I stood there silently for a minute until I just couldn't wait here until he came out anymore. "Okay, how about a deal--" I quickly spoke as I leaned my face against the door and Dipper moaned in the most annoyed tone.

All of a sudden, I heard a loud rumbling noise outside that shook the whole floor. "Whoa!" I yelled, trying to catch my balance. "W-what was that?!"

Dipper quickly and finally got out of his bed and opened the door. "That doesn't sound good, we better go check," Dipper said as he bolted downstairs as if nothing was previously wrong with him. I rapidly followed behind him.

We went outside and it was the familiar gloomy, dark orange skies and hard gushing winds that made our hair blow everywhere. "Dipper, look!" I exclaimed as I pointed at the giant x shape in the sky.

"N-no, it can't be.." Dipper stood there shocked. "Bill is back?!" I pondered. "No, he's dead. The only way this is possible if--"

All of a sudden, a lady figure appeared out of the sky, that looked just like Bill. She had a outfit just like his and everything! I took a good look and realized who it was-- it was Sapphire!

"Sapphire?!" Dipper and I gasped simultaneously as our jaws dropped. "Dipper, seriously, what happened between you two?!" I yelled at him. He took my hand by surprise, forcefully pulling me back into the shack. "Whoa!" I released a small scream by his all-of-a-sudden movement.

We entered and he slammed the door behind him. "Listen," Dipper sighed. "Back when Sapphire lost her memory, I made a deal with this dude named Sterling from the nightmare realm and he claimed that he can restore Sapphire's memory in return for a favor. Of course I agreed to it, but little did I know what his true motive were."

"The only reason why he offered it was so he can take advantage of me. Apparently he's always liked Sapphire from the start, so he forced me to breakup with her or else he would take back all her memories." Dipper explained.

"Ohhhhh!" I finally acknowledged why he was so upset earlier. "Yeah," he responded. "She was really devastated, but I didn't think she would take it this far as restarting the apocalypse!" Dipper exclaimed as he facepalmed.

"I guess psychopathy runs in her blood after all, hahaha," I joked to lighten the mood, but Dipper obviously had a poker face on the whole time. I awkwardly coughed and swapped subjects. "So what do we do?" I asked him.

"I don't know, this isn't like last time. We can't destroy Sapphire like how we did to Bill. I care about her way more than that," Dipper replied. "Then maybe we can try to reason with her?" I suggested. "That's our only option now," Dipper agreed.

"Follow me."