12. Gone

Dipper's POV

In an instant, Gravity Falls was all cleared up and it returned back to normal, but I didn't feel happy. Sapphire sacrificed herself for us all, and now I can never see her again. She's probably stuck suffering in the nightmare realm with Bill.

"Haha, she did it!" Great uncle Ford chirped. "Yeah.." I said, flat toned. "What's wrong, kiddo? Aren't you glad it's over?" Ford asked. "I'm glad it's over, but Sapphire just lost her teleporting powers bringing everyone back. Now she's trapped in the nightmare realm and I can never see her again." I looked down, sadly.

"Oh.. I'm sorry, Dipper." Great uncle Ford placed his hand on my shoulder. "How about we head home? It's been a long day." Great uncle Ford said. "Yeah.. Let's do that." I agreed. Me and great uncle Ford walked all the way back to the shack.

As we entered the shack, Mabel and Grunkle Stan was already in there. "Dipper!" Mabel shouted and gave me and Grunkle Ford a huge hug. "Where have you guys been!? We were so worried!" Mabel asked. "We made a plan to rescue Sapphire from Bill's pyramid. She was rescued, but she sacrificed herself for us. Now she is stuck in the nightmare realm for eternity." I explained to Mabel.

"So that's it? She's gone for good?" Mabel asked. "Pretty much." I told her. "I'm so sorry, Dipper. I know how much you loved her. But hey, if it makes you feel better, we can talk about it." Mabel said, pulling me into a hug. "Thanks, Mabel. But I think I need to be alone for awhile." I replied. "Okay. See you later, Dipper." Mabel said, concerned. Mabel watched me walk all the way upstairs, into my room.

As soon as I got into my room, I sat on the seat under the triangular window, having mixed feelings and so much on my mind. I rested my head on my knees. I sat there for awhile, until I heard a female voice call out "Dipper."

I lifted up my head, and everything was in grayscale. I looked around to find where the voice was coming from, and I seen a bright, blue light shining in the form of a human. That person stepped closer to the point where I could make out her face. It was Sapphire.

"Sapphire!" I happily ran up to her, giving her a hug. She hugged me back, tightly and wrapped her arms around my neck. "How are you here?" I asked, leaving my arms around her waist. "I found out that I have the same ability as my dad to visit people through dreams." She said. "That's great! But how are things going in the nightmare realm since that incident?" I asked.

"Well.. I'm basically imprisoned. So the only freedom I have now is visiting people through their dreams, which I'm forbidden to do." She said, flat toned. "Aw man, I'm really sorry about all this. You don't deserve to be trapped in the nightmare realm." I told her.

"Don't worry about it. You're safe now, and that's all that matters to me." She smiled. Just then, another human form appeared from behind. We both turned around it happened to be Bill. "Sapphire! Get back to the nightmare realm!" Bill shouted at her. "Okay, okay, I'm coming. Bye, Dipper." She went to give me another hug, but Bill pulled her back by jerking her shoulder. "Now." He told her, sternly. She frowned and they both disappeared in a flash. That's when I woke up.

I can't let Sapphire live like this. I need to find out a way to get her out of there. But I'm going to need help from great uncle Ford.