24. Flattery

Sapphire's POV

We arrived back at the castle I've summoned into the sky and surely was I ready to my new reign.

"Haha, the fear on their faces!"

"You truly scared the hell out of them."

"Reminds me of her father."

The monsters went on about how I handled 'greeting' the mortals down there. Sure, from their perspective it looked like I had it all under control and intentionally left a harsh impression on them, but the truth is, it was all subjective.

Once I saw that couple in the background 'loving' on each other, I couldn't help feel simultaneously envious and betrayed. Even at this moment it's hard for me to cope with the fact that Dipper did that to me. He broke up with me for another girl...

That hurt me bad.

Really bad.

"Sapphire?" Sterling called my name, pulling me out the deep blackhole of my thoughts.

"H-huh? Yes?" I stuttered. "You alright, toots?" Sterling grabbed the bottom of my chin and forced me to stare into his grayish/blue eyes. "You seem a little nonchalant."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking about... My new reign and stuff," I hesitantly lied to him. I didn't want to go into details about how I'm sadden about my failure relationship with Dipper. He probably wouldn't understand, anyway. It's not like he's ever been in a relationship in his life, considering he's a pretty solitary demon.

"Hm, while we're on that topic.." Sterling paused as he hovered over to my self-created throne and rested on the arm of it. I raised an eyebrow at him, God knows where he was heading with this.

"How about giving me the honors of being your prince? I mean, I did save your life after all," He cooed in a somewhat flirtatious tone, rubbing his hand against the enormous stone-built throne.

"I really do owe you one." I sighed.

"That's right." Sterling rapidly added as he smirked in a prideful way, resting his arms behind his neck.

"But I'm not sure about giving you such a high rank," I continued.

His playful smirk wiped off his face, furrowing his brows with a rather confused expression. He gently floated himself down from the mass block that the throne rested on and landed in front of me.

"How come?" He asked in a calm tone, although he looked like he wanted to burst into mere aggravation.

I gazed into his gray eyes, not having a clue on  how to respond. I have mixed feelings about Sterling, and I don't feel like I can put all my trust in him as a leader, for he can be rather childish and unpredictable when it comes to making decisions.

"Ah, I see," Sterling replied without me saying a word. "You don't trust me." He said with a cold tone, pulling the frank words right out my mouth.

I didn't even need to say a word, because regardless I knew he was going to began a long lecture on all the positive reasons why I should, and boy was I right.

"Listen, I know I may have done some stupid crap in the past--"

"That's right." I mimicked his previous words, releasing a quiet laugh with a playful smug on my face.

He returned a small chuckle and rolled his eyes in a playful manner. He suddenly intertwined his fingers with mine, immediately warming my somewhat cold hands up. He looked me into the eye with solemnity and took a deep, refreshing breath.

"I promise that I'll be way more of a man to you than dipwhatever ever was.

I'll give you the loving affection that you've always deserved.

I'll help you keep things orderly when you're ever emotionally unstable.

I'll be the shoulder you can lean on when you need it.

As long as you let me in, let me be your prince, all these things can be possible." Sterling disconnected his fingers from mine and gently caressed my cheek.

"What do you say, Sapphire?" Sterling gazed deep into my blue eyes, waiting for his answer.

I swallowed the knot forming in my throat, feeling my heart pounding against my ribcage.

"I-I.." I glanced at his gray eyes, then back down at the ground. I bit down on my cheeks nervously, looking everywhere but at him.

I took some deep considering, his flattering words getting in my head. His gaze never escaped from me, pressuring me to answer. I took a deep sigh before wholeheartedly meeting with his gaze.

"Okay."

Sterling released a genuine cheek-to-cheek smile in complete satisfactory. "That's my girl." He cooed, giving me a kiss on my nose and I closed my eyes, smiling.

"Just don't screw up, or else it's off with your head." I teased him. "Yes ma'am," He responded, playfully doing the solider salute.

We both took a moment to laugh, lightening the mood. Sterling caught his breath and gazed into my eyes, reaching his hand out towards me. I glanced at his outreached hand, then back at his fixed gaze.

"Let's do something... fun." He said, winking at me flirtatiously.