8. The Truth

Sapphire's POV

After the movie ended, me and Dipper took a walk through the park. "That movie was amazing." Dipper said. "I loved the part where they found out that the person who kidnapped him was their very own father." I said. "Me too." Dipper chuckled.

"You know, Sapphire. I have a confession to make." Dipper quit walking and looked over at me. "Yeah?" I asked. "Ever since I first met you, I had a crush on you. But now that we're here together, I realize that I really love you." Dipper smiled as he took my hands.

I felt my heart pounding when he said that. "I love you too, Dipper." I replied as I blushed madly. He slowly started to lean in for a kiss and I closed my eyes. As soon as our lips were about to meet, someone called out "Stop!"

We both looked over at the direction the person's voice came from, and it turned out to be his great uncle Ford. He didn't look happy as he ran towards us. "Great uncle Ford? What are you--"

Great uncle Ford pushed Dipper out of the way and he shot me with an electric gun. The electricity shot throughout my whole body and I fell to the ground, weakly. "Why did you just do that!?!" Dipper yelled at his uncle.

"She's not who you think she is! She is--" Great uncle Ford started to speak, but I stopped him. "Wait." I said faintly on the ground. "If anyone is to tell him, it should be me." I slowly stood up from the ground. "Dipper, there's been something I've been hiding from you and your whole family." I said. Both of there attention was on me and I took a deep breath.

"I'm the daughter of Bill Cipher." I confessed. Dipper just stood there with his jaw dropped low. "You see, my dad sent me here in Gravity Falls to destroy your rift. But after I got to know you and your family, it made me change my mind. I told my dad I wouldn't do it and now I'm a traitor to my own dimension, so I can't go back. I'm sorry I lied to you, Dipper. You probably hate me now." I looked down, shamefully. I felt my eyes watering, and a tear slowly dripped down my cheek.

Dipper put his hand on my shoulder and he gently grabbed my jaw and lifted it. "I couldn't hate you even if I wanted to." He smiled. I snickered at him and smiled as he wiped the tear away from my face. He pulled me into a hug and we stood there for several seconds.

After we let go of each other, Ford just stood there, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "Now I feel really bad." Ford confessed. "It's okay. You were protecting your family." I told him and he smiled at me. "I have many questions to ask you, though. Like first of all, how did you even gain access to our world?" Ford asked.

"Well my dad has powers, my mom was a human from earth, combine that together, and I have the ability to open up a portal from the nightmare realm to this realm." I said.

"Fascinating." Ford said with an expressive face. "Wait, I have a question for you now that you're being completely honest. Why do your eyes glow blue sometimes?" Dipper asked. "My eyes typically glow when I'm startled and I'm about to use my powers or when I'm already using my powers." I told him. "Oh.. well that explains." Dipper replied.

"Yeah.." I rubbed the back of my neck. "So you said you're not going back to your own dimension and now you need a place to live. How about with us?" Dipper looked over at Ford to make sure it was okay with him, and he nodded.

"Really? Even after all this?" I asked. "Of course." Dipper smiled. "Thank you." I kissed him on his cheek and he blushed. "Let's head back home." Dipper said as he reached his hands out towards me. I took his hand, and we held hands all the way home.

We arrived at the mystery shack and its been a long day, so we decided to head to bed. We got Stan to blow up an inflatable bed so I wouldn't have to share beds with one of the twins. I took out the bun from my hair and let my hair flow freely. I told the twins goodnight, and we all went to bed.

I'm not sure what time it was, but I woke up in the middle of the night. Everything was grayscale and that could only mean one thing-- my dad is invading one of my dreams. "Sapphire.." I heard my dad's voice echo from behind me. I turned around to find him floating in the midst of the air. "What do you want?" I spat as I crossed my arms. I was still mad at him from earlier.

"I wanted to apologize for getting angry at you. I understand what it's like to fall in love with a mortal." He said with a calm, low voice. I sighed. I knew I couldn't be mad at him forever. "I accept your apology." I replied.

"Excellent. So I know you're staying with the Pines family now, but how about a deal? I won't invade their dreams as long as you can come visit your father. Because you know that I miss you already. So how about it?" He reached out his hand and ignited it.

"Alright, deal." I shook his hand without thinking twice. I tried to pull away but he wouldn't let go of my hand. "Dad?" I started to get worried. He started to laugh as his grip got tighter and tighter. At that moment, I knew that I just signed myself up for trouble.