23. The New Reign

Sapphire's POV

There I was, back in Gravity Falls. I was floating high up into the sky that I could see the whole town beneath me.

I glanced around my surroundings, feeling highly omnipotent. Like I could do anything I want to it right now-- I could burn this whole town down in just within seconds!

But, of course, I wasn't going to do that. That would kill all the fun. My taste is more like recreating the entire town with my own superior design. That's what I'll do alright.

Seconds later, the creatures of the nightmare realm came out of the portal, right back into reality.

"Yeah!", "Alright, princess!" The creatures shouted excitedly. "I knew you could do it," Sterling smiled as he gave me a friendly punch in the arm. I couldn't help but smile after being praised by everyone, it definitely felt good. Why didn't I do this before?

"So, princess Sapphire, what shall we do now?" Asked Pyronica. "Let's introduce ourselves to the townspeople," I devilishly smiled as I lifted an eyebrow. They all quietly giggled, knowing that this was the start of trouble.

We all gradually floated down to ground level and the townspeople stared us down in trembling fear. "Well, don't you guys look thrilled to us again!" I snickered.

"L-listen here, mysterious alien girl!" The mayor tried to act brave, but he obviously was shaking in his boots.

"I don't know why or how your kind has returned to our planet, but there's no way you're going to start that apocalyptic hell again!" He growled.

He looked away for a brief moment, then back at me. "...P-please. I beg for your mercy," he quickly lost the angry voice and transitioned it to a more quiet, timid one. He probably just realized that telling off an all powerful being will get him nowhere.

I stared at the fear increasing in his eyes, almost starting to feel compassionate. Well, that was until my attention was drawn away by...

"Oh no, I don't want to go through this again!" A couple cried from in the crowd.

"We'll stick together through this. We'll never be split apart by anything again, I promise!" The boy said to his girlfriend as he took her by the hand.

"Are you sure?" She asked him, staring deep into his eyes. "Yes. I'll never ever leave your side, baby. I love you," He said to her. "I love you too," she said to him as they were both leaned into a long kiss.

I got a quick flashback of when Dipper and I was together and my heart immediately turned cold. "No!" I shouted as I furiously clenched my fists, then sending electric bolts flying everywhere. The townspeople backed up fearfully. "This is my town now and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"

I turned my back towards them and conjured a castle of my own out of the ground, all the way to the clouds. "Come on, guys," I looked back and glared at them before I took off flying to it.

Dipper's POV

My first thought was to find great uncle Ford and ask him for help. But as Mabel and I was running, we bumped right into grunkle Stan.

Mabel and I landed on the floor while grunkle Stan just stood there with his arms resting on his hips, standing stiff as a board.

"And where do you think you two are going?" Grunkle Stan asked in an unhappy tone. We stood up from landing on the ground and I answered him, "We're going to find great uncle Ford and see if he can help us contact Sapphire  so we can reason with her and stop the chaos that's going on outside."

"No," Grunkle Stan sternly said. "Huh?" I said, confused. "I said NO," Grunkle Stan clarified himself. "You're not going out and try to save the world again or whatever. I've already almost lost you two the last time this happened, and I can't risk that happening again," Grunkle Stan ranted. "But--"

"No 'buts'. I'm sending you two back home early before anything bad happens," Grunkle Stan said. "No! We can't leave yet! That's my girl up there and I'm not leaving without her," I argued.

"You're not the one in charge here, kid, I am. And as your guardian, I'm telling you to go upstairs now and pack your bags. If you don't do it, I will go pack your bags myself and force you into my car if thats the option you leave me with," Grunkle Stan retorted.

"Ugh.. Whatever!" I moaned as I angrily stormed upstairs into our room and Mabel innocently followed behind.

"Dipper, what are you going to do?" She asked. "There's nothing else I can do. Grunkle Stan wants us to leave right now," I told her as I pulled out my luggage from under the bed. I opened my drawer and quickly started to fold, then pack my clothes.

Mabel just silently stood there with a sad and worried expression written on her face as she watched me angrily pack all my stuff. She's probably having a hard time processing the fact that we're actually doing this, we're actually leaving Gravity Falls. But to be honest, I am too. I'm just taking it way different than she is.

After awhile, Mabel hesitantly gave in and started to pack too.