WHEN A MOTHER LOVES HER SON

August P.O.V

It's almost been a couple years since I sat down and had a nice talk with mah mama. Seem like money changed things. I still see her doe. Cant let the girls go a day without seeing Nana. Tbh, I miss mah mama. I know its gone take some time for me to understand where she comin' from doe.

When August Released Testimony

"So what?, you so busy wit' cha music you can't stop by" mama said.

" mama, its not that, you kno' I gotta look after the girls, I just ain't got time for family reunions" I said trying to comfort her.

"Ain't got time!?, Boy! You think cause you signed a stupid ass contract you something special!?, talkin bout I ain't got time. Was I sayin I ain't got time when I was changin you dirty ass diapers, was I sayin that when yo daddy left us!, leaving me alone! Shattered and broken!, hell naw I was a super woman, did what I had to do for all of y'all! But you and Mel wanna run the streets and write lyrics! ... Look where he at now.... DEAD."

"What!?, You blamin me!, you put yoself in that situation I didn't ask to be here! ..... Neither did Mel" I felt my heart sink. Mel was big brother, My best friend, My Role model.

"You know what August, you got some nerve.... Just gone.. Get out ... Bye" she said pushing me toward the door.

.....

For some reason, not having a relationship wit' mah mama... It hurts me. I know they say a man ain't supposed to cry... But I have my reasons.

SHEILA'S P.O.V

I couldn't help but think about Mel as I watched my gran babies bond. He would've been proud. Sometimes I feel like I failed him, Aug too. I'm their mother, my job is to protect them, love them, and keep em out of harm's way. But somewhere down the line I went wrong.

I was cleaning the kitchen when I heard the door bell ring. Followed by three knocks.

" I got it Nana!" Chay called to me.

"It's Auggie!" I heard KayKay say.

"Hey Uncle August!" Said Amiyah.

"Hey girls!" August said hugging them.

I watched from a distance.

"Wassup Aug" Travis said slapping hands with August.

"What's Poppin'!" August said with a huge smile. Then he glanced my way.

" Ima be right back" he said making his way to me.

" Hey mama" he said eyeing me. Trying not to crack.

" Aug you got a minute?" I asked.

"Actually, I got about 5 minutes" he said hoping on the counter in front of me.

" Son listen to me, I am your the mother, I love you , but what I need you to understand is I only want what's best for you, and further more... I'm afraid to loose you. I don't wanna see you end up like Mel"

"Mama, I love you too,
and I know how much you care about me, and I know I been distant but Ima do better. I promise "