The Girl's Best Friend

August P.O.V

I was getting the girls ready for the day when I got a call from mah mama.

Phone Convo

Mama- "boy! Whats taking you so long, I wanna see my gran babies, and I got somebody I want chu to meet so hurry up"

Me- "okay, you wanna see em dressed with they edges laid, or you want me to just throw em in the car half dressed wit nappy hair?"

Mama- " I dont care what chu do, just hurry up and get ova here"

Me- "bye mama"

Mama- "bye boy!"

End of convo

"Uncle Auggie why do I have to dressed like them?" Kaykay asked me.

" 'cause baybeh girl, they're your sisters, and I like it" I laughed.

"But we not twins doe" she said putting on her shoes.

"You can change if you want to"

"For real!?"

"No, we did this for nana remember"

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Okay let's go!"

15 minutes later

"Mama!" I yelled as we walked in the house.

"Aug stop yelling, I'm in the kitchen"

"Whats popin family" I said walking in the kitchen.

"Well don't y'all look cute, got cha lil jackets on, and the pink shirts with the pants to match. I wonder who thought of this" mama said laughing.

"He made us" the girls said pointing at me.

"Um, Hello! am I invisible?" Trav Said messin with the girls.

"Hey uncle Travis" chay said hugging him, then Kay, then Miya.

" I got somebody I want y'all to meet" he said as they sat on the sofa.

"Who?" Kaykay asked him.

"Mah Best friend" he said with a smirk, looking at me out the corner of his eye.

"Best friend?, Travis got a best friend!?, what's his name?" I joked.

"Her! name is Janelle" he clarified.

Janelle? Feel like I heard that name before.

"Janelle who?" I asked.

"Janelle Jackson but I've been thinking about changing her last name" mama said making her way to the living room, sliding her slippers on the polished wood floors.

"to...?"

"Labranch" she explained.

"If you won't to we can change it to Alsina" Ashley laughed.

"Yeah, I mean, he was gone do that any way" Trav joked.

They think they funny. Is it just me, or is they tryna call me hoe? Cause that's what it sound like. I mean think about it, I ain't even seen the girl and they talkin that marriage shit. Aug ain't with all that Ya heard meh?

" that's real cute. Where this best friend of yours at anyway?" I said tryna make the conversation less about me.

"I'll go get her" Ashley said walking out the kitchen.

I know Shawty beta be bhad as fuck, cause these bitches talkin crazy.

Janelle P.O.V.

Janelle and her out fit👆

I was finishing my bun when Ashley stepped in my room.

"Good morning" she said.

"Morning" I said putting on my diamond earrings.

"Mama has someone she wants you to meet"

"Someone like who?" I asked checking to make sure my eyebrows looked good.

"My brother" she smiled.

I stopped and looked at her.

" Girl don't even trip he ain't nobody, and plus he ugly so you ain't got nothing to worry about come on they waitin for us" she said grabbing my wrist dragging me along.

"I guess" I laughed.

I'm lowkey nervous.

"Here she is" Ma Shelia said getting off the sofa. As me and Ashley came in the living room.

"Hey Best friend!" Said Travis. "These Mah neices, chay, Kaykay, and Miya. Oh and this Mah, wish he was Light skin, think he can sing, "Hi Mah name is August", nappy head ass brother"

I tried my hardest not to laugh.

"Nice to meet Chu, I mean y'all" I laughed.

That's when we made eye contact. I just knew I was blushin'. This nigga finer than I remember.

August P.O.V

Damn. I ain't gone lie shawty fine. She got a bangin body too. A nigga gone need some budd after this shit.

"So y'all just gone stare at each other Orr?" Trav said snapping us back to reality.

"Oh uh, I'm August" I said extending my hand for a shake.

"Janelle" she said with a smile extending hers.

I smiled and shook her hand. For some reason I couldn't let go. We continued to stare at each other blushin' and shit. Its something about this girl,I cant put mah finger on it but I'm attracted to her. Shawty got a nigga crackin.

"Uncle Auggie you're still holding her hand" Kaykay told me, pulling on my pants leg.

"Oh!, sorry ma" I said letting her hand go.

"You good" she said giving me That look.

I think she fallin for me.

Several hours later

August P.O.V

Me and mama sat at the bar in the kitchen and watched Travis and Janelle play with the girls.

I ain't never seen the girls that happy before. They been hanging wit Janelle every since we got here. Guess they like her too.

"Look like the girls found themselves a new bestfriend" mama said to me.

"Yeah I guess so, thats fine by me" I laughed. Still thinking about Janelle.

"So what chu think about the new alsina" mama laughed.

I see they still got jokes.

"Who Janelle?, she seem cool, the girls like her"

" I know the girls like her the question is do you like her?"

I knew this was a set up!

"Mama you tryna set me up?" I raised an eyebrow. She laughed.

"Look, Janelle been through a lot, she needs somebody she can talk to Ya know? She needs somebody to love her in ways that I can't. you get it?"

"So. What Chu tryna say?"

"I'm saying you need to talk to her. I know you feelin her cause from the way you was lookin at her earlier look like to me you catchin feelings"

"Look, ima talk to her, just because. That don't mean we gone be together, but ima talk to her" I gave in.

"Okay good" she said tapping my shoulder and walking away.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad mama cool wit me talkin to Janelle. It only makes my job easier.

Now, let's get to it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for any errors

Please vote and comment 💕