The New Alsina

Travis P.O.V

Mama told me she was adoptin' this girl she met at the hospital. I'm cool wit it. To be honest I'm proud of mama. Its only been a year since Mel died and she already stitchin' up her broken heart. Aug on the other hand, I think he the one it hurt the most. With every body 'round here tryna find new hobbies to get over the whole grievin process, I think its gone be nice having a new Alsina around. We gone see doe. I hope she cute.

Janelle P.O.V

The ride home was dramatically long. We spent at least 30 minutes getting to know each other, and trying to build a bond. You can't live with someone you don't really know. Or can you?

"So you from Nola?" She asked me.

"Born and raised, well born at least" I responded.

"So tell me, what happen?, how did you end up alone?"

"Well, it all started when my mama died, I had nobody at that point. I was introduced to the dope game at 13 by her 16 year old boyfriend. He abused me. Caused me some heart ache, so, One day, he told me something that really broke me. A few days later, he told me something else. But this time it really ripped me apart. I couldn't stand to look at him anymore, so I left. I've been on my own every since that night"

"So, when was the last time you saw him?"

"The night I died"

She look at me like I was some awful creature from Halloween Town.

"What do you mean the night you died?"

"I got shot, I woke up in the hospital, and I heard the doctor telling the nurse he had just signed my dealth certificate. I'm not supposed to be here right now."

"And why do you think that is?"

" I don't know maybe because I was willing to give my own life, so someone else could return home. Only problem is, they didn't, and I am."

"Well, everything happens for a reason. Its all apart of God's plan. I promise" she said grabbing my hand.

Ain't nobody ever approach me in such caring way. Im starting to feel comfortable with this lady. Its crazy. I guess this what "family" feels like.

5 minutes later

"Don't stress on it girl, they'll love you" she told me as we entered her lovely home.

"They're. Here!" Said some dude who was holding this beautiful chocolate lil baby.

"Hey ma" he said hugging Shelia.

"I'm Travis, this my daughter Callie" he said to me.

"I'm Janelle, nice to meet Chu. And uhh, that's a pretty lil girl you got there" I said shaking his hand.

"Isn't she beautiful!" Shelia said with a smile, pinching her cheeks.

"So uh, you the only one orr?" I asked Travis.

"Nahh, its me, my lil sister Ashley, and my big brother August. Oh and Pop." He laughed.

"here they come right now" he said as a tall dark skin man and a short dark skin girl, who could possible pass for his twin walked in the living room.

"Hey Im Janelle" I said introducing myself. Gotta be respectful ya know?

"I'm Ashley, welcome home" the girl said giving me this warm smile.

"Thank you" I couldn't help but return the smile. I think I like these people.

"Sheila I thought I told you we ain't have room for no extra" the man said sitting in the black leather rocking chair.