NOLA'S NEXT THUG

Janelle's P.O.V

I never knew people could be so cold.

In just three days his cruelty became a routine. I had no choice but to make pretend. That's when he showed me the life of my city.

DOWNTOWN NEW ORLEANS
( TRAP HOUSE)

The room was full of thugs. Old thugs. Just a whole gang of niggas. The table was covered with Dope, Money, and Guns with clips bout as long as Lebron's feet. (Basic). They greeted him as if he's was family.

"What's popin' Tre " said the man who was supposed to be the leader.

"Who is this?" He looked at me and Nia.

" This mah baybeh Janelle, and Mah daughter Nia. Look like they gone be aroun' here mo' often. So be nice... Besides, I smell big money on the way." He smiled at me. His accent just as strong as mine.

Yes, he just signed me over to a gang.

What was I supposed to do ... Run? And get shot?

"Well Lil mama, welcome to the family.. Ain't many rules on these streets. Except watch out for them niggas aroun' the way... That Nigga Mel , and his Lil brother. They sneaky .. They game good too." said JoJo. ( The leader)

In the beginning I was afraid. I was intimidated by the hustlers. But eventually I fell in love with the game. That's how it goes Downtown.

3 MONTHS IN THE GAME

"Money make me happy ma" Tre said as he watched me wrap rubber bands around each stack of "Benjamins".

"Did you handle that bit ness?" He stood over me with his arms folded.

"Yes Daddy" I said handing him a pair of all white Buffs and the Rolex I took from the man whose body I had burned to dealth.

I know, that's foul, but a youngin gotta do what a youngin gotta do.

"That's what Im talkin bout, keep playin like this and I just might marry you" he said just before kissing me on the cheek.

"I got something for you" he said with a smile.

"What's that baybeh?" I asked curiously.

"Hold up" he said pulling a long white box out his pocket.

"Tremaine what is this?" I said taking the box from him.

"Open it" he said with a creepy smile.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a beautiful diamond necklace, spelling out my name with a little heart at the end.

"Give it here" he said staring into my soul. I knew what he was doin', we ain't in no movie.

"Turn aroun' " he said taking the necklace with one hand and smacking my butt with the other.

When I turned around he put it on me and then placed his hand on the necklace.

" you like it ma?" He asked.

"No.." I said cutting my sentence short to see his reaction.

"Soo, you want me to go get mah money back then?"

"No"

"Then what's the issue"

" There is no issue" I kept it going

He stepped in front of me.

"I asked you did you like it and you said no"

"That's because I don't" I could see him starting to get frustrated.

"I love it" I finished.

"You play too much" he said pointing his finger at me.

"Where you goin?, and where is mah baybeh?" I asked noticing he didn't bring her home with him after they had been on some "adventure".

"Uhh... That's what I wanted to talk to you about" he said looking dumb founded.

"Tre what chu do to mah baybeh?" I felt myself becoming angry.

"Nothing, I gave her up for adoption" he said taking a sip of kool-aid as if what he just said was okay.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?" I screamed.

"MAN!, LOWER YO DAMN VOICE!, I did what I had to do... We don't need no baybeh... We got each other."

"Man what the hell is you thinking!? That's my baybeh!, how could you do something like this.... We aint agree on that!"

" We ain't have to, she mah seed" he said walking away.