Her Co-worker

Janelle and Aug 👆

3 months later

Janelle P.O.V

Thanks to Travis word got aroun' about me and Aug. Everybody cool wit it except for James. But who is he?
Honestly, I love August and I'm glad I don't have to hide it.

I've been working on walkin on mah own two feet so ma Shelia don't have to do as much and I can learn to live a successful, independent lifestyle. Sometimes I feel like me livin here is kinda takin away from everybody else. So, I wanna be able to give somethin back.

After Ma Shelia's reception I started takin high school classes online. To my understandin my education got left behind when I turned to the streets. So I took that big step and got down to business. I finished the high school classes and moved up to college classes to prepare myself for a nursing career. But until then, I been picking up a few jobs along the way.
I'm currently workin as a cashier at Popeye's and a hairstylist at Tina's Beauty Shop.

Its hard tryna stay on the right path when you use to goin on the block and gettin money up front. But, I put that behind me. This means if I wanna succeed, I gotta do it right Ya feel me?

I was gettin ready for work when I was interupted by kisses on the side of my face and down my neck.

"Good mo'nin beautiful" Aug said squeezin mah booty.

"Good mo'nin handsome" I smiled and turned around to face him.

"You plannin on bringin me home some chicken?, I don't want no dryy biscuits!, unless you squeeze  some honey on it" he laughed.

"You buyin?" I asked playfully holdin out my hand.

"Baybeh look" he said pulling me into a tight hug, getting serious.
"I'm proud of you ma, you got a lot of shit goin fa you baybeh. I ain't neva seen a chick work as hard as you do. I respect that, but this the problem.." he said running his fingers through my hair.

" what Chu mean this the problem? I don't understand, I thought you was happy for me" I said freeing myself from his embrace.

"I am happy for you baybeh, but I think you stressing Ya self out. I think you should just take a day or two off and maybe we can do  something a lil mo' relaxin" he said holding my hands.

"August are you askin me to quit mah job?" I said getting frustrated.

I'm a lil disappointed. Why would he want me to quick my job.

" there you go wit da first name game. Why you gettin defensive I'm just tryna look out for you"

"Look out for me!? August that's not lookin out for me, what Chu doin is makin me feel like shit!, you basically tellin me to just give up on everything I'm workin for!"

"Bae chill I ain't mean it like that" he said tryna hug me.

"Nigga back the fuck up!, you just pissed me off talkin that take a break  shit, ain't no br..."

My sentence was stopped by a thump on the bottom lip.

"The Fuck!, wrong wit chu huh?,  why you actin up for?, why you buggin for?" He said snappin me back.

He licked his lips then smiled.

"Now come here, give me a kiss" he said grabbing my chin and pulling me  into a deep kiss.

I aint gone lie that shit was kinda sexy. Ima have to act up more often.

"Now if you tryna get to work on time you beta bring ya ass on, don't have me out chea waitin. Its hot as fuck outside" he said walking out the room.