Chapter 29- Sacrificial Love

A/N: dang, it's time to get another ship sailin! ;)

Chapter 29- Sacrificial Love

Arima Kousei's P.O.V.

Today, Tsubaki called me for an emergency meetup in a park nearby her school. She mentioned that it would be quick though. I think she's getting busier each day because of her softball team who happened to have a tie-breaker with one of the biggest schools in Tokyo.

I sat down on a bench under the tree waiting patiently. A minute later, I received a text from her that she's almost there. While waiting, I decided to play a chopin piece in my mp3.

I don't know why but I happen to play a heartbreaking one. Somehow the change of the atmosphere got me an instinct that something's going to be wrong. The day seems pretty cloudy today too.

I suddenly felt my heart beating on its own as I heard footsteps from behind running towards me. I felt my chest tighten each time it goes nearer and nearer. Her casting shadow made me look up, and guess what, I saw something unusual about her.

She came with a simple casual attire. I thought she's gonna practice with her team mates, but that's not actually the thing that bothers me about her appearance. When I saw her, I knew for a second that she changed.

She cut her long hair and went back to her middle school wardrobe and style. It's been a while since she had that kind of haircut. "I'm sorry for making you wait." She said panting.

"Ah, not a problem at all. I just happen to arrive a bit late too." She then sat down next to me putting her body bag on her lap. I glanced at her for a moment thinking about our middle-school days. Her short hair reminded me of my dense-self back then.

She caught me staring at her as she looked back at me causing me to flinch and pretend looking at a far view. "Is there anything wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing really special."

"Aren't you going to ask about my hair?"

"What about it? You still look fine with those kind of haircut."

"I see. I just thought of cutting it because I feel like getting back in our middle school days with Kao-chan." I don't know why but I felt uneasy when she said that. To be honest, i'm not really good at reading people's mind. Maybe that's the reason why they used to call me dense back then. After all, i'm just a musician not good with words to say.

I looked back again on her teary hazel eyes trying to cope with the situation. "Kousei, I think we're all over now." And she finally said it. I cannot blame her for giving up. I was just a stupid jerk whom agreed to have a relationship with her even though I wasn't good enough for her. I wasn't dedicated right from the start.

Tsubaki. Truth be told, she was the first one to approach me and confessed her feelings. Throughout our relationship I barely noticed that she was the only one making a move to strengthen us even though it should be my role. I felt guilty about it. She loved me that much. I love her too, but in a different way which was always mistaken. "Is that so?"

"Kousei, you still love Kao-chan right?" It took me a second to think about my next answers. Right now, we're having a heart-to heart talk and lying isn't necessary at all. "I'm sorry Tsubaki, but it seems like it is what it is."