Chapter 31- It's Been a While

It was 4pm in the afternoon when I headed to the mansion for a confrontation with Kuroma-san and mr. Imaroshi. To be honest, I still feel nervous about it, but like what Hiroko-san told me, it's the best option that I have. I couldn't deny the pressure within me, but I still managed to pull myself together.

The butler allowed me to stay inside for minutes while mr. Imaroshi is still on his way. While waiting, I thought about words to say. I rubbed my palm to feel a sense of warmth and comfort. This is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity to know about my father.

Minutes later, I heard someone going downstairs. "You're quite early today, Kousei-san." Kuroma said while walking towards me with a relieved expression. "Sorry about that. I guess school today ended up a bit early."

"No worries. Just make yourself comfortable for the mean time. We've got a lot to talk about in order to cope with this." the atmosphere suddenly changed into a serious one. That's right, this is no joke for all of us. We're talking about my identity in here and how things got like this from the start. How I got related with the Imaroshis and how I was the unidentified son they were talking about.

Yet, i've learn so much lesson from this household at the very beginning. I don't know if it's fate that untangles us. From Kaori to my real father. I learn how to understand people and control my wrath. I guess everybody has a reason for lying or even doing other terrible things that may frighten us. But in the end of the day, we just gotta put ourselves in to their situation for us to acquire that connection with each other.

That's probably one of the main reasons why i've brought by my passion in music's transcendence. That's right, music is also about understanding its meaning.

I'm quite preserved today just like my usual self. I need to relax and talk formally with mr. Imaroshi. After all, this might be my first time meeting my dad. "He's here." Kuroma-san exclaimed as one of the butlers opened the front door to give way.

He walked towards us with a peculiar aura that I used to know. Mr. Imaroshi with his vest on her arm. I tried imagining him as my father. We have the same raven hair and blue orbs which make us look quite related with each other. The scenario just makes me believe more that he is indeed my father. "Thank you for coming, Kousei."

He sat down next to Kuroma-san as the maids handed us some tea on the large coffee table. He let out a deep groan stretching his arms. "I'm sorry if I got you waiting. I had an important appointment with my business partners. Now is the perfect time to talk."

Kuroma-san took a sip of her tea before clearing her throat. "So, as you know Kousei-san, you happen to be a missing part of this household which is clearly stated in the DNA test with the use of both hair-strands that I got the last time you went here." So she's the cause of all of this. I never knew. She could have said it to me but anyway, it won't be a surprise to me at all if she did, so I have absolutely no complains about it.

"Do you have any questions you brought with you?"

"I actually have a lot of it but I think two simple questions will do the trick." I replied tightening my grip.

"Carry on, son." I heard him mutter. It gave me goosebumps knowing that it's the first time someone has called me 'son.' I blinked softly thinking about my words.

"Please tell me why have you left me and oka-san back then? Would you mind, mr. Imaroshi if you tell me the back story of this?" He sipped his tea before heaving another sigh relaxing himself on the coach.

"You know Kousei, I saw her once in a certain piano competition when one of my bussiness partners invited me for a VIP ticket. At first, I wasn't actually interested in such events. I'm really not into music, and I only did it for business purposes. And there on stage, lies a wonderful woman whom catch a single glimpse of mine. Arima Saki, the pianist that I used to love." I can see the joy that he had on his face. It makes me happy knowing that my father loved my mother back then.

I looked at Kuroma-san sitting next to our father. I don't know why she lowered her head, but I knew for a second that the next part of the story would be quite painful to hear. "However things were meant to be impossible. A Businessman like me can't marry a musician like her. your grandmother forbid me to, and made me marry Kuroma and Kagero's mother. Your Grandmother tried to hide me in Europe until Kuroma was born which made me go back to Japan." It was similar in the dream that i had with my oka-san. Same past, same story. No doubts.

"Remember the phone call I had with you when I was in Italy? That time, I actually thought how were you with your mother. And as you grew up, I saw how you deeply grow as a child. 'Someday, we'll meet.' that's the first thought that pooped up in my mind as I saw you in the newspaper."

"So you actually saw me in some piano competitions." He nodded.

"Saki. She's the type of person that would do anything to reach her expectations. But the best part of it is that she's the most supportive person I ever knew. She'll work hard and push you up." I can see that from what I knew about her. She may have taught me unwell when I was a child, but I atleast understand her reason. God gave her a shorter life, and she did work hard to pursue me as a pianist.

With those stories, I can say myself that I have already been making up my mind. "I have to admit that i'm still having a hard time processing about the issue in here. But from what i've heard, i've made a decision that i'll start believing on you." I gave them a light smile which enlightened their expressions.

"I'd be willing to hear more stories from my father. I'd like to know more about you guys little by little." I added.

"That's good! I'm very glad, son." His genuine smile somehow enlightened me at that moment. I already felt the connection between us. Kuroma-san stood up. "Then, Arima Kousei-san. I mean Kousei nii-san. Welcome to our-"

"What the hell is going on here?" A voice suddenly uttered. For a second, I recognized who it is. I turned my head around and saw agony. "Kagero. You're here." Father said.

"Oto-sama, Kuroma, care to explain?" He replied with an eagerly expression.

"Ah, son. I almost forgot to inform you about this." He walked towards the both of us and held my shoulder. "Arima Kousei-kun will be a part of this family from now on. He's your new sibling-"

"I refuse to have him in this family."

~To Be Continued~