Epilogue

It was already sunset when we decided to head downtown. I was constantly gazing at her as we walked through the sloppy sidewalk. This idea of hers enlightened me, for I knew that once we go back to the neighborhood, Miyazono Kaori will completely be restored. Her mind. Her memories. Her everything.

There it was in a far view. I gave her a moment to breathe and reminisce everything. And when she blinked, she saw it. An old bakery that we used to visit. And old home. There was a man with a mustache outside watering the plants. Mr. Miyazono i bet. From here, I could barely smell the scent of a baked caneles from an oven. "That smell kinda tickles my nerves." She said.

"If that's the case, are you ready to move forward?" I asked before going on. "Readier then ever."

We walked towards the man as a woman from the bakery walked out to approach him. They were having a short conversation when our presence suddenly interrupted the two. They looked at us with a huge amazement in their eyes.

I smiled back at them and gave them a light nod signaling that she's one. For a moment, I knew that they already know what I meant about it. "Kaori?" Mrs. Miyazono said, teary-eyed.

"Oka-san." Kaori can't help it too. Seconds later, they all felt emotional and had a warm, family hug.

While I simply smiled enjoying the touching view. I put my hands on my pocket while constantly looking at the beautiful view. "Aah, I knew you were someone." Mr. Miyazono exclaimed joyfully. Somehow, the neighborhood felt completed with Kaori's presence to her parents.

Finally, she spoke her words. "I love you Oka-san, Oto-san. I promise to stay strong for our family."

'And so, a promise by my sister was fulfilled with much happiness; to bring back Miyazono Kaori.'

~~~~~"""""~~~~~

You can now probably guess what happened after that. Lots of things improved very well, especially our relationship with our families and friends.

Starting with the Academy. After our graduation, Kazuki-san and I was invited by the principal to be a part of the alumni of the school and organize some workshops about music. We gladly took it, since I also wanted to experience giving out workshops to middle-schoolers in our academy. After that, I introduced Kazuki-san to my co-competitors Emi and Takeshi who would also want to help us with certain plans. They were unexpectedly sociable with one another.

Also, do you remember the last time Kaori asked aniki about his future? Apparently, he had a wise decision. The manager of the towa hall infact suggested him to take the lead in their newly inducted orchestra. And so, my older brother Kagero-san aka my aniki restarted his life as a conductor happily and inspiringly. Their first performance was a blast. A lot of audiences wanted an encore. Kaori told me how happy she was to see aniki conducting on stage once again.

About our oto-sama? Surprisingly, he got well-acquainted with Koharu because of her nature in arts since he sold paintings before. Instead of staying at home, Koharu would often ask me if she can go with me to oto-sama's office just to submit an artwork to be exposed in a gallery. She did gained a little bit of height though. I can't imagine that that little kid who's always supporting me in my recitals and competitions would grow up as a talented, beautiful and artistic damsel. I bet Hiroko-san's very proud of her daughter growing.

Meanwhile in America, Kuroma continuously promoted her compositions leaving tons of modern classics in los Angeles or probably maybe in Washington. Recently, she was awarded as a masterpiece maker. But that would certainly not end the range of her career in America alone. She have been receiving may proposals in Europe. Specifically in Italy, France and Austria. She would visit Japan every once in a while now. However, I always tell her to contact me if she needed some sort of motivation.

But i'm telling you now, that's not the most shocking news. Apparently, after 2 months of dating, Watari and Tsubaki ended up together happily. I know that our friendship and relationships had some sort of history. But now i'm telling this. They look absolutely perfect together. I'm pretty sure that they do love each other, now that i'm seeing a lot of improvements with Watari. Tsubaki is a disciplinary type as usual after all.

Lots of things changed. Somehow, the happenings are quite unexpected and quick at the same time. However, I'm glad it all happened. And now, I am very proud to say, that this is truly a happy-ending.

That spring afternoon, we walked through the park holding our hands together. As we passed by, Kaori quickly noticed the children playing. She have always loved kids even when we were in middle school. That sweet and charming side of her is something I have always loved.

Finally, I found a cherry-blossom tree nearby.  I looked up staring at the pink petals that were falling beautifully. "Can you say your last words one more time?" I said while constantly gazing at the cherry-blossom. "Last words?"

"Yeah. Those three sweet sentences in your letter." I looked at her with shimmering eyes pleading her to say it. "Eeh?"

Her face suddenly reddened for a moment. It may seem not like it, but she's actually a shy type in terms of these matters . I kept myself at ease even if the atmosphere is quite heating me up too at some point.

She clenched my hands and released it. "Okay then."

She moved forward blocking the pile of petals as if she was a damsel of nature.
Her hands at her back, while she's facing the rosy cherry blossom tree. Before turning back, she breathed the warm, crimson air of spring time and finally faced me with that angelic smile of hers. "Arima Kousei-kun,

I love you
I love you

Hearing those words, I closed my eyes happily

Hearing those words, I closed my eyes happily. I started thinking if our future wedding would be something memorable. If it's a surprise for a woman, I'm sure it would. In Fact, I'll probably let her play the violin in our reception.

I've always thought that Autumn is a season of love and sorrow. But who would've thought that everything would be happier and much colorful this season? Somehow, the autumn brought me a new definition of love, connection and unity of hearts.

'I found that Second chance in September,
I took it in October and finally, the Fall got us back together.'

~Fin~