43

"Hurry up. I'll be downstairs."

She nodded and began straightening her hair again. She stared at me as I watched her from the door.

"Love you." I winked at her making her smile and look away

"Love you too."

She unplugged the flat iron and walked in front of me down the stairs. She stopped at the bottom of the stair case and snapped a few selfies.

"Go babe." I pushed her slightly

"You almost made me drop my phone. Get in my picture." She stuck her tongue out and posed like she was about to twerk on me

"This is why you be getting fucked like you do. You do shit like this."

"Not for long."

"What you mean?"

"When I get big we can't have sex anymore."

"Lies. It's healthy."

She looked at me like I 3 heads and made her to the car. She sat in the passenger and stared at me as I got in.

"Where you wanna go?"

"The club. Let's get turnt."

"Baby girl I'm serious."

"I don't know."

"Well what do you want?"

"Breakfast and sleep. Can we just go buy something or order something? My body hurts. My stomach too."

"Cause I was in your guts." I laughed making her slap my arm

"No! I'm hungry."

"Babe you can't lie. You walked straight into that one." I laughed harder

"Man just take me to MarieCalendars to get some pie please."

"Thought you wanted breakfast."

"I want pie for breakfast."

I winked at her again making her laugh before pulling out the drive way.

Once at MarieCalendars Rose sat down and rubbed her hands together as a smile graced her face.

"Why you so happy, Birdman?"

"I'm hungry. I'm about to order half the menu."

"What happen to just pie?"  I twisted my face at her(facial expression below)

"You happened."

"Me? How?"

"You got me pregnant so I'm eating for 2 or 3 and we're all hungry. So."

"Whatever big head get what you want."

She looked up at me and stared over me for a while with a small smile.

"What?"

"Your interesting. Always have been. I asked you when we were 18 to open up to me and now your finally doing it. Showing me the Bryson everyone doesn't know and ....I love him."

"You hated me yesterday but...I love you too. Always have. Your interesting too, you surprise me a lot...it's never boring with you. It's fun. This is fun. I'm in love."

"In love? With me?" She breathed lowly never breaking her stare with me

"Yes."

"I'm in love with you too."

She beamed with happiness and moved from her side of the booth to mine and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I missed this."

"Missed what?"

"This form of "us". The one that's just fine without all the attention and the extras. The us from highschool never left or changed we just left...one another."

"I'm sorry Rose."

"I forgive you."