48

I pulled my instantly sore body from the car and headed into the house not sure if I shut the door or not. I couldn't take this. My head was throbbing and flashbacks wouldn't stop being thrown at me.

Fuck. I missed my parents.

I went and sat in the room that was originally for Kali. I took the small pillow from her bed and held it to my chest as I squeezed my eyes shut trying to stop the tears that wanted to spring from them.

Bryson
"Rose?" I called softly

I could hear her breathing and small sniffles from the door. I stood at the door not sure if I should go comfort her or not. I took small steps into the room until I wasn't far from her. I reached from her only to have her flinch.

"I'm okay." She cried squeezing Kali's pillow more into her chest

In this moment I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to touch her nor did I want to speak. I had no words for this. I couldn't bring myself to move.
-
Over the past few days Rose has rarely spoke nor left the room. She had left her phone in the car that day and left it there for two days. She got it yesterday and had been texting all morning.

She woke up and took a shower, straightened her hair, and put makeup on.

"Where you going?"

"To Torys mother funeral."

"She died?"

"I don't want to have this conversation with you."

She slipped on her dress and her shoes before grabbing her keys and leaving.

RoseI walked from my car to church mentally preparing myself to be strong for Tory

Rose
I walked from my car to church mentally preparing myself to be strong for Tory. I walked in seeing the service not fully started yet. Everyone was chatting quietly to one another and the casket was still closed. I peeked around the room a hit until I spotted Tory.

 I peeked around the room a hit until I spotted Tory

"Hey Torz." I spoke with a smile trying to brighten the mood

"What's up Rose." He stood to give me a hug

He seemed fine, like nothing was wrong and life was fine.

"You look very nice today." I complimented

"As if I don't look nice everyday. But your not to bad yourself twinkle toes."

"Hey don't hate. These are Gucci." I kicked my foot up with a laugh

He laughed a bit too but it soon faded.

"You okay?" I asked turning to him seriously

"Yeah. For sure."

"I don't believe that but I'm going to leave you alone."

"I'm not trying to cry in front of all these people. I don't want they fake ass temporary love."

I nodding as I grabbed his hand giving it a squeeze before releasing it.

I felt him look at me but I kept forward as the service started.
-
During the service Tory went up to speak on his mother and I couldn't keep it together. Once he began to breakdown I couldn't help but to.

Once he came down from the podium he came straight back to where we were sitting and rested his head in his hands as he cried.

I slightly pulled his hand away from his face and embraced him. I hugged him tightly letting him cry to me.

After the funeral I stood by my car waiting for Tory to leave out the church. Once he did he came jogging over.

"Hey Rose. Umm thank you...for that in there." He nodded back the church

"It's okay Torz. I know the feeling."

"Your mom past?"

"Both my parents. A few years ago."

"Shit. Sorry to here that. "

"It's fine. You going to be okay?"

"Yeah. I think I got it. Thank you again."

"Sorry about the other day too."

"Don't even bother with that. It's straight. I never rocked with dude and that's not going to change."

"That's good to hear."

"Yeah."

"Bye now Tory."

"Keep in touch babygirl."

I reached for our parting hug before he jogged back across the street.
-
At home I walked upstairs and took a seat on the bed. I could feel Bryson staring at me.

"Rose?"

"Bryson. Leave me alone for a bit."

"I've been leaving you alone for days."

"I'll be back."

"Where you going?"

"To visit my parents."

"Tory going to be there?"

"Get out."

"What?"

"Get out."

The book is completed.
Sequel?

If you guys want a sequel depending on these comments it should be out in a few days. I'll also be skipping a few months for the first chapter of the sequel.