A Little Piece Of Heaven On Earth

NOTE:  Ok, I know the "Cabin-revisted" final chapter was supposed to be next, but the boys kind of took matters into their own hands and apparently weren't quite ready to go back ot the cabin just yet :) So I guess the story will be finished when you come to the end of a chapter and it says "The End" :) until then...well, I guess it isn't over ;)

_____________________________________

"I'm only up when you're not down.
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground.
It's like no matter what I do.
Well you drive me crazy half the time;
The other half I'm only trying to let you know

That what I feel is true.
And I'm only me when I'm with you."

- I'm Only Me When I'm With You, TAYLOR SWIFT

_____________________________________

"So, doc? Am I gonna live?"

Kyle slid off the exam table and pulled on his shirt.

"Looks that way." Dr. Hollis removed the stethoscope, folded it and stuffed it in the large side pocket of his white lab coat.

"So everything is good?" Greyson and Janice stood off to the side with Nate, whose hands were stuffed into the front pockets of his jeans as he leaned against the wall and stared at the floor, casting occasional glances towards Kyle and Dr. Hollis.

Though these checkups were necessary, Nate hated being here. Just the smell of a clinic or hospital now instantly caused his stomach to pinch with nausea and his chest tighten with anxiety. And with every visit – there lingered the possibility that they would find something wrong.

Hollis took hold of Kyle's wrist and pressed two fingers against it firmly, checking his watch. "Pulse is a bit fast." he said. "But nothing to be alarmed about."

Nothing to be alarmed about. Nate still found himself tensing up. Had they pushed things too far the other night up at his place? First Kyle's little show, and then...had it all attributed to his current quickened heart rate now?

Kyle glanced at them all as he tucked his t-shirt into his jeans. "If y'all wanted to watch me take off my clothes." He smirked. "At least give me a stage and a pole, and let me undress in style."

Nate's head lifted and Kyle winked at him.

"Kyle James Haney!" Janice scolded.

Biting his lips between his teeth, Nate struggled to suppress the grin fighting for dominance. He tugged one hand from his pocket and quickly rubbed it over his mouth as he choked on a laugh then cleared his throat to disguise it.

Didn't work.

Janice looked at him a bit sharply as Kyle started laughing. What little control Nate had, abandoned him instantly and a hard laugh burst out of him. He ducked as Janice's hand came up as if to smack him.

"Hey, the boy knows what he likes." Kyle grinned, and both Greyson and Dr. Hollis chuckled.

Rolling her eyes, Janice shook her head. "Men." Which only got her more laughs. "You're all incorrigible."

Nate grinned. "Better use smaller words if you want your son to understand."

Kyle bit back a 'Fuck you' just seconds before it leaped off his tongue. He bit his lip as the words pressed to get out. Instead, his hand shot up and flipped off Nate.

"Did you see that, mom?" Nate said. "Kyle just gave me the finger."

"Tattle tale." Kyle sneered.