Prologue: Up on the rooftops. (sorry if i screw names up.)

It was a clear day. Sun shining, birds chirping. The only thing wrong was the other sounds. The screaming. People shambled about, attacking one another, ripping them to shreds. The sound of our feet echoed as we ran up the stairwell to the roof. When we burst out into the light, there were more of those things waiting. "How many are there?" My friend Rei asked, holding a sharpened pole out in front of her. Hisashi shook his head. "Doesn't matter. Keep going." Tikashi ran up, and bashed one of the things heads in. "Clear! Let's go!" We all surged ahead, Takashi and Rei clearing out a path as I carried Hisashi over my shoulder in a fireman's carry. After what had seemed like eternity, we had reached the stairs to the upper roof. Takashi bashed a former classmate in his skull, then flipped another to the side, buying us some time. As we ran up, Rei turned around, and impaled straggler in his chest. Takashi called out ,"Are you crazy?!" Rei, momentarily distracted lost her grip, and was slammed to the side by her own pole. "GET AWAY!" She screamed as the thing got closer. "Rei!" I yelled. I handed Hisashi to Takashi and lunged down. "Hey!" I yelled as I jumped onto the kid from class 3c, effectively crushing his skull on the stair. "Quinton!" I pulled her to her feet and handed Rei her staff. "Headshots! That's the only way!" As Rei ran back to help Takashi with Hisashi, a former girl from the state volleyball team lunged at my throat, moaning and snarling. Using her momentum, I grabbed her by the collar and by her arm, and flipped her promptly on her skull,killing her. As I backed up, I surveyed the carnage, and felt nothing but rage. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!" I run back up and blocked the stairs with leftover tables.