Chapter 36. Going Out With A Bang

I tore through the crowd, my rage and adrenaline fueling me as I swung my hammer through skulls like scissors through wet paper. I remember roaring something at each zombie, but I don't remember what exactly. After a particularly hefty swing, my poor weapon, crack and bloodied, finally gave out. The head flew into the crowd, striking a zombie in the skull. Dropping the handle, I swapped to my shotgun on my back. Pumping a shell into the chamber,I fired, knocking back a wall of the dead, and giving me my opportunity to run straight for the garage. Running over the bodies, I fired left and right, keeping the dead back at a safe interval, until I reached the garage the exact moment my friends arrived. Nodding my head into the building, I motioned them inside. "Keep going!" I yelled, my voice cracking from all the yelling I've been doing. Reloading  my gun, I fired as I backed up into the open garage doorway, focusing on the wall that approached me. I was so focused, that I didn't see the zombie lunge at me from the side until it was almost too late. Grabbing my arm, the zombie tried to take a bite out of my bare forearm,but I jammed the barrel of the shotgun into its mouth. Noticing that it was a red haired girl from Shidou's group, I ground my teeth. "Smile, you sorry little fool." Pulling the trigger, her head exploded from the slug. Shaking from my close call, I kept backing up, hearing the mechanic swearing at the car. "How's she doing?" I yelled back over my shoulder, kicking a zombie back. "I would have liked to tinker with it habit more,but she's golden and good to go!" I heard the hood of the Humvee slam shut, and the vehicle roar to life. "Quinton!" Ms.Shizuka yelled, her head poking out the window. "Everyone is in the car but you! Let's go!" Turning to run, I saw a spare propane tank lying two feet away. Snatching it up, I clambered into the top of the car and pounded on the roof. "Let's go!" I managed to hang on as the vehicle rolled out like a bat out of hell. Handing my shotgun down the hatch, I pulled out my revolver. Looking to my left, I saw Don Takagi and Lady Takagi fighting, guns and blades dancing in the fire's light. "Go in peace, Don." I said, flinging the tank over to the battling duo. Aiming at the tank, I pulled the trigger. I had a split-second time to dive into the hatch, before the explosion caught me, slamming my legs into the side of the hatch. Landing on top of someone, I yelled for Ms.Shizuka to punch it.  Looking at the person I landed on, I saw it was Saeko. "Oh... Hey. Mind if i drop in?" I said, grinning down at her. Saeko looked up at means couldn't help laughing at my stupidity. Leaning down to kiss Saeko, I heard Katya laughing and making a joke about us, but I didn't care. I felt Alice tackle me from the side, laughing. Faking pain, I rolled over and hugged Alice. "I've got a good feeling about our little group." I said looking around the compartment that held my friends and closest people I can trust. I only wondered how long this feeling would last.