Chapter 31. Tent-ative Situation

Squishing through the mud and puddles, I followed Alice towards the tents that housed other survivors from before. Approaching a large tent that was used as the adults' meeting hall, I heard a hushed, but very intense argument going on. Crouching down to be at Alice's eye level, I rubbed the top of her head in a brotherly way. "How about you go on and hang with Ms.Saeko? I'm sure she would appreciate the company." Smiling, Alice nodded,and ran back to the house,Zeke yapping at her heels. Straightening up, I steeled myself as I reopened the wound that Saeko gave me. It wasn't too deep, but I drew enough blood to get my eyes watering. Rubbing my eyes, I pulled back the tent flap. The effect of me standing in the rain,with blood on me made everyone go silent. "So... I heard we have a small misunderstanding." I half growled, half spoke. "What seems to be the problem?" Takagi, as always, was the first to speak. "These people want to cause some trouble, even though they claim they don't want to hurt anyone!" She whipped a accusatory finger at the huddled group. A woman that was in her early twenties with short, dark pink hair, stepped forwards, grinning smugly. "That's all that your daddy is really about,sweetie." She said with the same sickening tone as Koichi. "Ruling over us with violence. Well we aren't going to take it anymore!" She turned and rallied the group to chant some random bullshit. Walking up to her, I stopped within a inch of her, waiting for her to turn. Everyone behind her backed up, the chant dying out. Turning around, the woman came face to face with me, blood still gushing. "Look at me. You tell the dead that horseshit, and you'll end up just like the others... Nothing more than a free meal." Pink lady, that being the nickname for her, slapped me hard on my left cheek,sending a spray of blood over the crowd. I didn't turn my head back, just keeping it turned. "How DARE you speak to a adult like that, you ungrateful brat!" Pink Lady screeched in my ear. "We're trying to help you kids!" Touching my cheek, I felt that she had opened my cheek wider. Laughing softly at first, I couldn't help starting to roar with laughter, realizing the irony of the situation. Turning my head, I stared right back into the eyes of the woman, laughing at her fear. Pink lady, realizing what she had done, looked at her hand, and tried to wipe her hands clean, but the damage was done. Pulling out my Markov, I jammed it into her forehead. "
You really are stupid. Don't think I'm some spoiled brat, talking and waving my reputation around like a banner for the world to see. I've seen thing that would make your hairs turn white. I have done things no one would dare to do. If you doubt me, how do you think I got this?" I motioned to my right cheek. "Certainly not playing patty cake with that piece of shit. Or what about this!?" My voice rising, I pulled up my shirt to reveal my wound from the rebar. "I sure as shit wasn't walking through the park!" "What's the commotion?" Katya's voice asked from behind me. Slowly removing the gun, I kept my eyes on Pinky's eyes. "A small disagreement. What do you want, Katya? I know that Shidou didn't return, so why do you need me?" Katya must have stepped inside, because the sound of the rain quieted. "Don Takagi wishes to see you. Saeko is already there and waiting." I nodded, backing up slowly. "Just remember what I said. Not one of those things give two shits about who you are or what you say. The world is not the same anymore. So deal with it." Holstering my weapon with a flourish, I turned briskly on my toes, and followed Katya out of the tent, still grinning like a madman.