Chapter one: Z-day:Part one

Now I know what your thinking. "What's going on here, and why is it happening?" I apologize for not explaining, so let me start from the top. Hi, My name is Quinton McAuliffe, or in Japan, McAuliffe Quinton. I'm 17 years old, I'm currently a 1st degree black belt in Karate, and I'm a foreign student. I'm not talking foreign exchange, but I legitimately moved to Japan after some..... incidents with video games. I'm the only American at Fujimi High school. Being Six feet two inches tall doesn't help either. I've known Takashi for a few years, along with Rei and Hisashi. OK, you know who I am, so now we can get back to how things got so screwed up. At 1158, I was walking down stairs to the library, when I saw Takashi, staring out into the gap that was between us and the front gate. "Hey,Takashi. You breathing in there?" He started from his stupor, and saw me. "Oh, Quinton, its you. Sorry. I was thinking about some... things." I cringed, remembering about his falling out with Rei. "Sorry, bro. I forgot about that." Takashi nodded his head. I leaned over the railing, staring out with him. "You know what? I think you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. You've been best friends with her as long as I've known you. You need to talk to her. You have to. That's what I would have done." Takashi glanced at me with a hopeful look. "Really? Is that how things work over in the U.S.?" I nodded and nudged him with my fist lightly. "That's so stupid!" A female voice yelled at us. We both turned around to find a pink haired girl with her hands on her hips. "Oh. Hey Takagi." Takagi merely turned her nose up at me and kept talking to Takashi."Everyday,you come to this corner and mope. Its so pathetic." I pushed Takagi back gently, trying to not touch anything I'm not supposed to. "You just might wanna chill it right there, girlie. You need to learn some respect. You call him stupid, but he's probably got a higher GPA in math and science than you." Takagi glared at me, speechless. I shooed her away, trying to not grin as she went upstairs, back to class. I heard Takashi chuckling as I turned around. As I leaned back over the railing, Takashi straightened up and squinted. "What the..?" He pointed out to the front gate. I followed his finger and saw lone figure, just banging it, not even trying to open the gate. "Looks like the teachers are gonna deal with him."Takashi said, drawing my attention to a quartet of people walking up to the gate. After what looked like a heated argument, the p.e. teacher grabbed the man, and slammed him against the gate. The man then grabbed the p.e. teachers arm, and ripped a huge hole in his forearm. The teacher was pulled away from the gate and started to writhe on the ground. After a few minutes, he stopped. "Oh god." I whispered. I backed up, snagging Takashi's sleeve. "Wait.. look." I looked and saw the P.e teacher reach up and grab the guidance councilor. I thought he was trying to get up, but then he bit her on the neck. "We gotta warn the others!" I yanked Takashi up the stairs, and we rushed down to Rei and Hisashi's class.