Chapter 28. A Thank You From The Don.

After a week of what would be known as "The Kid Incident", I started to get used to the whole community living together thing. There was only one perk. Since we had The Don's daughter,that being the respective title for him, we got to sleep in the main house. Waking up on the ninth day in my bed, I noticed that someone had placed a small package on my bedside table, as well as a note. Rubbing my eyes, I grabbed the package and note from the table. Opening the note, I was surprised that it was from Dan Takagi himself.

Quinton, the note read. I wanted to thank you for helping me and the lady Takagi finding our daughter. I know that Master Hirano was the one who kept her safe from the crazy hell we live in, but I know that you had to coordinate everyone to fight back. As a thank you, I have pulled out a special gift for you. I think you will get more use out of them than me, considering your special talent with your hands. Please consider staying with us for not only your safety, but your help in taking back the world from the menace that awaits outside our gates.

Gratefully yours,
Don Takagi.

Setting my note aside, I picked the package up, noticing it felt hard and strangely shaped. Unwrapping the gift, I opened it to see a pair of knuckle dusters. Slipping one on, I felt the weight of it, noticing how it fit perfectly in my hand. Noticing a small button on the side, I depressed it. A small hook of a blade popped out of the side of the metal, startling me. After gawking at my new toy for a few minutes, I picked up the note. I saw that below the Don's neat handwriting, was a post scriptum in Takagi's hand. It read,You are freaking luck my dad didn't beat your ass. You must think your so smart,standing up to him. Watch your tone next time, or else we all could be in trouble. - Takagi.

Shaking my head, I got up and got ready for the day. After putting on a white t-shirt and the jeans from the other house, I put on my boots, and walked out. I walked down the hallway to the stairway, when I heard a thunder clap sound off. "Storms coming." Said a man walking up to me. "You think you can help us get some more newcomers settled in?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Couldn't hurt." I said, following him. Approaching the stairs, I heard yelling coming from downstairs. Before I could take a step, Katya appeared, dressed, but slightly awake. "What's going on?" She mumbled. Motioning her to follow, we rushed down the stairs, leaving the man behind. Reaching the door to a balcony,I reached out when I heard a voice I thought I would never hear again. "If you won't let me stay," The voice of Shidou Koichi pleaded, "Then let the children stay behind. They need the safety and comfort." I couldn't hear the reply, because my ears were set ringing from the anger that I felt, realizing that I was cheated from the one thing, the only thing that I had hoped over the past two weeks of hell to happen was shot to hell.