Chapter 2

Every morning I was awakened by Steve. He would come to the club early morning making sure we were fully stock with liquor, all costumes were washed and hung back in the costume room, schedules were made, if needed and pay checks printed to bartenders, bouncers and DJs. He took care of all the bills himself and at the end he would sit up in his office counting money over and over again while I ate the breakfast he brought me.

            “Stevey, why don’t you take some of that money and start dating?” I asked shoving a piece of waffle in my mouth. I loved when he brought me and All-star from the Waffle House. It was my favorite.

            “I don’t have time for a woman, Ki. You know that. Why don’t you take all that money you have and enroll in school?” Steve always talked about me going to school. It’s only because of him that I even finish high school but college was a different story. People go through all that school and most don’t even get a good paying job in the end. Why waste my time when I already have a great pay job here stripping?

            “I have no interest in school.” I reply as usual.

            “You just don’t know what you want to do yet and that’s fine but when you do you’ll see that school is the best place for you.” Steve reassured me with a smile. “Oh by the way I need you in the VIP room tonight hon. One of our girls got sick.”

“Why don’t you give it so someone like Fire? She would love to be a “VIP Girl” tonight.”

“Because you need the money, right?” Steve asked looking over at me smiling.

Later on that night I took a bubble bath in Steve’s huge private bathroom. I love this room the most. Sometimes I would come in here and feel the whole tub up with hot bubbly water before getting in. Lying completely flat I would hold my breath for as long as I could completely clearing my mind. After my bath I blow dried my hair admiring the blue shades. Once it was all dry I oil my body up before slipping on my police outfit. One last look in the mirror I walked out the bathroom back into the main office. Steve was at his desk that had many different computer screens surrounding it. Most were security cameras. He already was sipping on some Hennessy to prepare his mind for the night. Turning around in his big black chair he faced me with a smile as usual.

“Showtime,” I smirked placing my police hat on. Winking at him I walked out the office.

Being a Saturday night, Lucky Charms was beyond packed. Steve must have told the bouncers at the door to allow the place to be pack tight. More guest. More money but sometimes this also meant more problems. Making my way through a crowd of men I arrived at the VIP room. Slim, the bouncer stood with his arms folded looking like he was already to jack somebody up. Once his eyes met mines they soften for a split second before he hid it stepping aside to let me in. I nodded to him as I passed sliding through the curtains.