Chapter 3

The next couple of nights I search the club for that man and every night I was disappointed. I don’t know why but for some reason I was intrigued by him. I didn’t have a crush on him or anything like that. No, men weren’t a part of my plan. But I couldn’t shake the feelings I got when he watched me dance. It felt as though he was looking at more than just a naked body but more so I wanted to slap the shit out of him for touching me in such an intimate place. Steve had watched our little performance and was not at all happy. HE reminded me of how he felt about girls who take their jobs to the next level in this field and refuse to allow it to happen to me. This only upset me more. Sure he didn’t know about my past but not once in the two years we known each other has Steve ever seem me with let along look at another man.

It wasn’t until a month later did I see him again. He sat a table in front of the stage accompanied by three men all wearing business suites and a very gorgeous women wearing a silk red dress. She look amazing and after watching the two it wasn’t hard to see that they were together, but like I said I wasn’t into the man so why did every time she touch him I felt like ripping her head off.

Taking my place on stage I made sure to keep my eyes off that table. When the music started I danced like any other night, if not better. I was in my element and no one could mess that up. One the song ended I took a chance to look over at their table. A pair of hazel eyes burned into mines making a shiver ran down my spine. Shaking it off I seductively stood up and walked off to change into some lingerie.

I took my time getting dress staring myself down in the mirror. Taking a few deep breathes I told myself I was fine and turn for my exit till Fire stopped me.

“Don’t we look slutty tonight?” She said slapping my ass hard enough to make me jump. Without a word I walked away quickly avoiding her confrontation.

Some hoe I ended up at the bar where Jace spotted me.

“Ice, you ok? Need me to get Steve?” Jace question while fixing a guest a drink. I shook my head no scanning the crowd. “Hold on a minute I got something special for you.” Jace disappeared for five seconds before returning with a drink. “It’s Long Island.” Looking at Jace then the drink I became confused. “Drink it Ice. Trust me.” That got my attention. I trusted no one. “It’s just a drink I promised. Steve would kill me if it was anything else.” Now that was true. Half smiling I picked up the drink and smelt it before tasting some. Amazing. Who knew liquor could be so good?

“Thanks,” I whispered before walking off. I never gotten drunk before and didn’t plan on it. I knew how much damage liquor could do to someone.

Watching the same table as before I notice Fire wasted no time turning on “the charm.” Already she sat on the lady in red lap rubbing on her breast teasingly. The men watch hungrily enjoying her little show. Fighting the urge to roll my eyes I met up with my “usual’s.” Nothing was better than guaranteed money.