Chapter 8

When I was finally released from the hospital Steve begged me to come stay with him or at least move back into his office at the club. I refuse to do either of the two and returned back to my apartment. Time seem to be moving slow as everyday went by I laid in my bed only moving to use the bathroom. After the fifth day of doing absolutely nothing I had had enough. I was mad and sick of myself. Since getting away from my father my life has changed. I had nothing. No clothes, job, car, house, money. Nothing. I refuse to let this man win. I was determined to break completely free from my past.

Friday night I arrived late to the club trying to avoid as many employees as possible. Walking into the locker room I only spotted Honey who was at her desk packing up all of her things. When she spotted me she dropped everything running to pull me into a hug. She didn’t say anything for a long period of time before she let me go wiping her eyes.

“I didn’t think I would see you before I left,” she began smiling through her tears. “Exams are coming up then I take The Bar. Steve doesn’t want me to leave but this never was a career choice for me. I’ll miss this place though.” Walking back to her desk she threw a few more items in the box before grabbing a hold of it. “If I pass I’ll be sure to come back here to celebrate.” Pausing at the door she looked at me with a smile. “Will you dance for me?”  Of course I would I thought nodding my head. Out of all the girls here at Lucky Charms, Honey was the only one that spoke to me especially when Fire got going on a rampage.

“Good luck,” I whispered

“Thanks Ice. Take care of yours for me. Don’t get stuck in this world.” With one last smile she walked out the room.

Tonight I decided to wear a body suit that had several small holes all over it. In the club it looked like I was completely naked with lines running all over me like tattoos. My blue stilettos accompanied my feet while my hair sat at the top of my head in a messy bun, a few strands escaping.

“Jace!” I shouted once I reached the bar getting his attention instantly.

“Wow. Ice, I’m glad to see you. How are you feeling?” he asked his eyes filled with worry.

“Better if I could get a drink,” I replied with a smirk.

Smiling now he leaned forward a little over the bar. “What can I get for you?”

“Something strong, hard and smooth,” I teased surprising us both.