Chapter 25

Chapter 25

            An hour passed by in still no Maurico. I was currently sitting in the bed holding Marcelo close to me while Steve sat in a nearby chair. Lorenzo on the other hand paced back in forth waiting for his bother to return. Nobody spoke to busy with their own thoughts. I was starting to regret leaving Maurico alone to handle everything with the police. What if they blame him? I wouldn’t allow him to go down for a crime he did not commit. And where the hell was my baby Sofia? Before I could ask there was a knock on the door. My body began to relax as I looked to see Maurico but instead eyes met Frank’s.

            “Where’s Maurico?” I asked. If Frank had already taken care of everything with security surely Maurico would be back by now.

            “I thought he would be here by now,” Frank stated. This caused Lorenzo to stop dead in his tracks before heading towards the door. “Where are you going?”

“To find my brother,” Lorenzo said dangerously low. Hearing his voice like that sent a shiver down my spine making me unconsciously hold onto Marcelo tighter.

“I’m going with you,” Frank says following Lorenzo out the room without another word.

Watching the men leave my heart really started to race. At any minute it was going to jump right out of my chest and explode I just knew it. Looking down at Marcelo I stared into the same hazel-gold eyes I was praying to see again.  He stared at me intently as if he knew something was wrong.

“Steve…” I began but was cut off.

“We are not leaving this room,” Steve snapped without looking at me.

I was about to protest when the door burst open and in walked Theresa carrying a bleeding Tony. Bella came in right behind them holding Sofia. Once her eyes landed on me she rushed over to me.

“Oh God Lakita you’re ok,” she cried pulling me into a hug with my babies between us.

“I’m fine Bella. What happen?” I asked once she released me. As I waited for her response I pulled Sofia into my free arm to hug and kiss her. She seemed oblivious to all of this as she sat in my arms giggling. I wish I knew what was so funny.

“We were in the waiting room when the alarms went off. My father knew something wasn’t right and had a feeling it had something to do with Marcelo so he left us to go check it out. Just as he was about to turn to corner though a man came towards us and started to pull out a gun. My mother was holding Sofia so he started yelling at her to hand her over but of course my mother wasn’t having it so just as he was about to shoot her my father shot him but before the man went down he turn in shot my father in the shoulder. This only made my father mad which led to him shooting the man a few more times. Frank and Lorenzo then came but my father sent them to find you. Once they left though two more men came but luckily my mother was able to take care of them while I protected Sofia.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Theresa had almost gotten killed trying to protect my child which led to Tony almost getting killed protecting his family. Paulina hadn’t come alone which meant Maurico was right.

“How’s he doing?” I ask watching Theresa go through drawers pulling out different medical supplies she needed to tend to her husband’s wounds.