Chapter 18

The day the Marino’s finally did arrive, Maurico and I greeted them at the entrance with Sofia comfortably in my arms. Everyone spoke to us before turning their full attention on the adorable little with hazel-gold eyes like her father. Theresa was the first to ask to hold her which I didn’t mind at all. It was Tony I didn’t trust. The whole time he kept shooting me glares which I kindly returned. After everyone took the time to hold Sofia, except Tony, the group went upstairs to get settled into their rooms. I took this time to lay Sofia down for a nap in my bed. I soon lay down next to her staring at her while she slept. She looked so peaceful, so beautiful. I saw myself in her but Maurico to, especially those amazing eyes.

“Lakita,” Maurico called from the doorway. Only his head stuck inside the room. “How is she?” He asked admiring his small family.

“Exhausted like me,” I replied yawning while I spoke.

“Take a nap with her. I have my family under control,” he assured me. “I’ll order out and bring you up something to eat later.”

“Thanks Maurico, for everything.”

“I should be thanking you,” he said winking at me before closing the door back. I couldn’t wait to recover so he could do just that. Smiling at my naughty thoughts I looked at my baby one last time before falling asleep.

Hours later I awake to Sofia quiet cries. It was so cute when she cried. Not loud and noisy like most babies. Scooping her up into my arms I pulled out my breast and began to feed her. Instantly she stopped crying sucking away without a care in the world. Leaning against the headboard I turned on the TV to keep me entertained. Maurico brought me some food as he promised giving me a break from Sofia so that I could eat. While I finished eating Maurico took Sofia to say goodnight to his family. He was gone a while before he returned with Sofia tucked safely in his big arms.

“I think Bella is going to rape Frankie tonight. You should have seen his face. He looked so scared I almost feel bad for the guy,” Maurico said laughing at his sister’s behavior.

“Poor Frankie,” I laughed along with him.

“Mother and Father seem fond of her too you know,” he added as an afterthought.

“Maybe your mother but I find that hard to believe with your father.”