Chapter 6

Maurico came to the club three days later. I tried my best to ignore him but every move I made I could feel his eyes burning into me, especially when it was show time. Luckily I had picked out a short song for the night and didn’t have to dance long but all that luck ran out when I walked out of the locker room running straight into Maurico.

“Avoiding someone,” he teased pulling me into his arms.

“No touching the ladies,” a nearby bouncer barked.

I could feel Maurico body tense as his eyes landed on the bouncer, his hold not once loosing up. Not liking how either men were staring each other down I grabbed a hold of Maurico’s hands and tried to pry them off of me.

“I’m working Maurico. Please just leave,” I tell him trying to walk off just to be stopped again. Glaring back at him he released me allowing me to continue to leave. A part of me wanted to stay and hear what he had to say but I fought against it. Maurico was off limits.

As the night progressed I thought maybe he had left until I spotted him in a dark corner table with a firerey red head sitting on his lap . Fire was rubbing her chest against his as she giggle to something he was whispering in her ear. A sick feeling quickly struck me causing me to not be able to look anymore. Instead I went to Steve’s office for a quick shower. When I finished I threw on a pair of thigh cut legging with a black crop top that had lips going cross my chest. I pulled my hair into a high pony tail and headed back down stairs.

Sometimes when I got off early or didn’t feel up for working I would chill in the club watching the other dancers perform. Walking to the bar I found Steve surprisingly bartending. As soon as he seen me he walked over.

“My favorite customer,” he beamed. “What can I get for you? He asked not missing a beat as he assisted his other guest.

“Nothing tonight,” I replied watching him work. Late nights when we weren’t doing anything Steve would bring me down here and teach me how to make drinks. He’d sat he didn’t want to drink alone so I would keep him company. I knew how to make a few drinks but I had nothing on Jace and Steve.

Placing a drink in front of me I looked over and notice Derek for the first time tonight. “I never knew I had to catch a girl at the bar just to buy them a drink,” he said while smiling at me.

“You really shouldn’t have,” I say only half smiling.