Chapter 21

Sofia slept through the whole plane ride. I wish I could have but my nerves would not allow me. When we landed Maurico’s limo awaited us as usual. As we got closer to the moment when I would see his family again my nerves only got worse. I quickly started to hate that I allow these people to have this kind of effect on me. I shouldn’t feel anything but ready to get this trip over with.

Pulling up to the enormous house we exited the limo together. Maurico carried Sofia in his arms as I walked beside them holding my belly. The butler opens the door for us and led us down some halls till we reached a huge ballroom that was decorated all out with Christmas decorated. I have to say it looked great. A small party was taking place that I wasn’t aware of. No one told me there would be a party when we arrived. Next to Maurico I knew I looked awful. My hair was in a messy bun while I stood wearing a t-shirt with a pair of basketball shorts. Hey for my defense they were comfortable along with my Debo’s. I knew then and there all eyes were own me after the butler announced that we had arrived. Perfect.

“Maurico,” Bella screamed running from out the crowd to hug her brother. As usual she looked amazing wearing a white gown with her hair pulled up into a beautiful bun.

“Hello sister,” Maurico greeted her placing a kiss on her cheek. The love shined brightly in his eyes for his sister.

“Look at you, Lakita,” Bella continued to speak turning her attention to me. Here we go I thought. “Maurico wasted no time getting you knocked up again,” Bella laughed pulling me into a hug as well.

“Hopefully after this one I can take a break,” I half joked while glancing at Maurico. He shook his head no. He can’t be serious can he?

“Why when you all are producing children like her look at this adorable girl.” Bella’s attention shifted again this time landing on Sofia. “Please don’t keep her away from me ever again,” she begged with teary eyes. This kind of hurt my heart. I never really thought anybody would care enough to get hurt by not seeing Sofia. She is the child of an ex-stripper if you let them tell it.

“Sorry I want Bella. I promise,” I reassured her.

“Ah, look who finally showed up,” Lorenzo interrupted walking up hold his son happily. I thought he was talking to Maurico till he pulled me into a crushing hug. God was he strong. “Good to see you again,” he said smirking.

“You to,” I said smiling more as I started to relax a little. Maria greeted us soon later followed by Frank.