Masquerade pt 1

The images above are thanks to the awesome Bestbakerever hope you enjoy it ❤️

It was finally the masquerade Mari, Alya, Nino and Nathanael all headed home to get changed. Lanah tried on several things and asked if she looked alright. No matter how many times I told her she looked fine she would reply "nope, I hate it" and change again.

Lanah walked in wearing a long purple dress with a purple mask and bow in her hair. Her hair had been put into a plait with flowers. "Soooo, how do I look?" She asked spinning around "you look awesome" she stopped spinning and smiled "thank you" she walked out to add her finishing touches.

I decided I should get dressed as well. Mari had already made me a mask which was black with green outlining the eyes. I decided to continue with that colour scheme and picked out a green shirt, black trousers and a black jacket. Plagg quickly jumped into the pocket of the jacket "looking good" he complimented.

I looked in the mirror as I put on my mask and Lanah walked in "looking good Adrien" she smiled "thanks" I paused "should probably go pick up the others"

The ball was at the school and I had told Mari, Alya, Nino and Nathanael that we would pick them up from the bakery. Lanah and I climbed into the limo and waited to arrive at Marinette's. We walked to the door and Sabine was in the front "you two look very nice" she smiled.

"Marinette, Alya, Nino, Nathanael, there's someone here for you!" She called up the stairs. It wasn't long before Alya and Nino came down both in blue. "Wow you guys look amazing" I said. Alya smirked "just wait until you see Marinette"

Nathanael was next down "Marinette will be here in a minute, she had to get something she left in her room" he paused "you look beautiful Lanah" he added. "A... Adrien?" I looked up to see Marinette walking down the stairs.

She wore a red dress with one sleeve, she had taken out her miraculous and replaced them with new earrings. She had her hair in a plait which wrapped around her head and had a red bow with black polka dots where I assumed the plait ended. She had a plain red mask and red heels "M... Mari... Y... You look... B... Beautiful" I managed to stutter.

"You weren't kidding when you said he would be speechless" Lanah teased. Mari started to blush but carried on walking. Being as clumsy as she is she tripped and nearly fell, I rushed to catch her "did you fall for me" I joked.

"Maybe these shoes were a bad idea" she sounded unsure of her choices "you look amazing" I whispered helping her back to her feet. "Hey lover boy, we should get going" Lanah interrupted. We all climbed back into the limo and arrived at the school in seconds.

Nino and Alya got out first then Nathanael and Lanah and finally I got out and helped Mari get out without falling over. We walked up the stairs and found a seat "would you like a drink my lady?" Marinette giggled "yes please" she answered sitting down.

I walked over to the drinks "Adrikins" I rolled my eyes knowing she was behind me. She stood next to me wearing a pink princess-like dress even with the mask you could tell who she was. Apparently she could also tell who I was with the mask.

"You dressed nice just for moi?" She asked "no, actually I'm here with Marinette" I replied picking up a drink for me and Marinette. Chloe went to say something else but stopped and backed away. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on with people around me and why they would suddenly start acting strange.

I walked carefully back to where Marinette was sitting "here you go princess" I smiled placing the drinks on the table. As the night went on we danced and talked and generally had a good time. "Now to announce the masquerade King and Queen" Principal Damacles announced as someone brought over a box with the votes.

"Our masquerade King is..." He paused to open the envelope "Adrien Agreste" Nino practically pushed me to the stage. I stood awkwardly waiting for the announcement of the Queen "every king needs a Queen and the Queen for our King is..." He paused again to open the next envelope "Chloe Bourgeois and Marinette Dupain-Cheng have tied" he didn't seem sure what to do "this has never happened before"