Chapter 1

Alex's POV

Dallas has been pretty lame so far. It's so freaking hot here it's not even funny. We have a pool out back so I guess that's one good thing about living here. I'm FREAKING out about tomorrow being the first day of school. What the hell am i supposed to do?! I'll have no friends and I am terrible at meeting new people. Maybe if I'm lucky everyone will just ignore me and I can get through the year peacefully. I really miss Harper and all her weirdness. Speaking of Harper, I just got a text from her.

H: how's dallas treating ya?

A: well I haven't really done anything, but it's really hot here

H: well hopefully you will have an awesome first day of school tomorrow and make tons of new friends

A: you and I both know that that is not going to happen

H: come on Alex, you're in a new place where nobody knows you or your past. just try talking to people, once they get to know the Alex that I know they will love you

A: :) thanks Harper, but I wouldn't count on it

H: at least give it a try, you never know

A: maybe...but hey I'm gonna get some sleep. long day ahead of me

H: good luck Alex, if you need to talk I'm just a text away. Love ya girly!

A: thanks :) love ya

Maybe I will take Harper's advice and actually try talking to people tomorrow, it can't be that bad.

Mitchie's POV

Thank the lord school starts tomorrow. I've missed all my friends so much. My mom told me this morning that someone finally moved into the house next door a few days ago. That thing has been for sale for almost three years. She said she thought she saw a little boy running around the front yard and tried to get me to go introduce myself, but the kid looks like he's freaking twelve! What the hell is she thinking?! So lame. Out my window I see a light coming from the new neighbor's house. Oh my god it's probably that kid trying to be a creeper. I shut my blinds quickly and sit on my bed. I decided to listen to some music before I go to bed, so I grab my iPod off my nightstand and put in my headphones. I lay back and close my eyes as the music floods my ears.