Chapter 10

Alex's POV

I wake up to the loud noise of thunder. When I open my eyes lightening shines through the window onto my face and I shut them tightly. A very load boom of thunder follows making me jump. I turn around to face Mitchie and snuggle my face into her neck. She moves slightly and wakes up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you baby," I whisper to her.

"It's okay sweetheart. You okay?"

"Yeah, I just don't like storms."

"Awh baby," she says wrapping her arms around me and holding me close. "I got you baby."

She kisses my forehead and rubs circles on my back. I drift back to sleep in her arms.

I wake up in the morning to the smell of pancakes. I look around the room for Mitchie and realize she's downstairs. I get up and go into the bathroom then make my way downstairs. As I walk into the kitchen I see Mitchie facing the stove cooking. I go up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.

"Good morning beautiful," I whisper in her ear and kiss her cheek.

"Morning baby," she says as she turns around and places her hands on my waist. She leans in and kisses my lips softly. "Breakfast is almost ready, go sit down.

I sit at the table and Mitchie brings me a plate of pancakes and we eat. After breakfast we lay on the couch together and watch a movie. About halfway into the movie I lean into Mitchie and kiss her. She brings her hands to the side of my face and licks my lips wanting to be let in. I allows her and when our tongues collide I move on top of her and straddle her as our makeout session becomes heated. Then in the background I her the front door open.

"Mitchie! We're home!"

I jump off of Mitchie and move to the other side of the couch.

Mitchie's POV

"Mom. Dad. I thought you guys were getting back tomorrow."

"Well, we decided to get back a day early," my mom says as she enters the room. "Oh, who is this?"

"This is Alex, she lives next door."

"It's nice to meet you Alex."

"You too," Alex responds with a smile. "Well I better get home. I'll see you soon Mitchie."

"I'll um walk you out," I say quickly.

We go outside and I shut the door behind me.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea they were gonna be home today."

"It's okay baby. I'll text you later okay?"

"Okay baby." I pull her into a hug and we stay like that for almost three whole minutes just breathing in each other's scents. I pull away a little and kiss her lips. She kisses me back and I feel her tongue on my bottom lip. I let her in and her hands go straight into my hair. A quiet moan escapes her throat and she pulls away slowly. I lean my forehead against hers as we both catch our breath.

I watch as she goes over to her house and through the front door. I go back inside and see my father sitting on the couch with a very angry look on his face.

"Why did you skip out on all of your softball lessons this week?," he asks me.

"I've been really busy, dad."

"Bullshit. You're never going to get better if you do not attend those, Mitchie."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't let it happen again."

"I won't."

I go upstairs to my room and see Alex through our windows. She smiles at me and blows me a kiss. I laugh a little and blow one back to her. She's so cute I swear.