Chapter 6

Alex's POV

I'm outside leaning up against my car waiting for Mitchie. Yesterday was terrible and amazing. I never in a million years would have thought that I would feel this way about another girl. Mitchie is such an amazing person though, and she proved it to me last night. I hear a door close and see Mitchie walking towards me wearing a Nike t-shirt and shorts. She's so cute.

"Hey!," she says hugging me.

"Hey," I say with a giggle.

"Ready?"

"Yep!"

We both get into my car and drive to school in silence, but it's a comfortable silence. I pull into the school parking lot and find a parking space. I'm really nervous about seeing Ryan and his friends today. I'm scared they might do something like they did yesterday.

"Uhm, Mitchie?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm scared."

"Hey," Mitchie says as she turns in her seat to face me and reaches over and grabs my hand. "I won't let them hurt you, okay?"

I nod at her as a single tear falls down my cheek. Mitchie reaches up and wipes it away.

"Don't cry sweetheart, it's okay. I'm right here. They won't mess with you, and if they do they're gonna have to deal with me. Don't be scared."

"Thank you."

"Come on, we don't wanna be late."

We get out of my car and Mitchie comes over to me and wraps her arms around me rubbing circles on my back. She pulls away and I feel her hand on mine. I turn my head to face her and she smiles at me squeezing my hand. I slide my fingers between hers and we walk into school just like that.

Mitchie's POV

I don't know if us holding hands walking into school together is a good idea. I mean everyone was fine with me coming out, but Ryan and his friends have already started on Alex and I don't want to add to it. Alex seems okay with it though and if it makes her feel better then I'll do it. We get inside the building and of course the first people we see are Ryan and Brett.

"Damn Mitchie, you sure snatched up that ass quick," Ryan says.

"Shut the fuck up, Ryan."

I feel Alex's grip on my hand tighten and I rub my thumb on her hand silently telling her it's okay.

"You get in those pants last night Mitchie?!," Ryan yells as we walk by. "It probably didn't take much."

I kind of have a short temper and that comment sent me over the edge. I let go of Alex's hand and threw my backpack down. I shoved Ryan against the lockers and yelled," You better shut your fucking mouth or I'll shut it for you!"

"Do something Torres!," he said to me smiling.

I felt a hand on my back and turned to see Alex right behind me.

"Come on Mitchie, he's not worth it."

We stared into one another's eyes for a few seconds and then I picked up my backpack and grabbed her hand. We walked to homeroom and as soon as we sat down Alex put her head down on her desk.

"Hey," I said as I placed my hand on her back rubbing it gently.

"Why me?," Alex asked as she sat back up. "What did I even do to deserve this from him?"

"You didn't do anything Alex, you don't deserve any of this. I'm so sorry you're going through this, but I'm right here with you okay?"

She nods her head and looks down at her hands.

"It's all gonna be okay. They'll get over it soon.''

"I hope so."

"Cheer up sweetheart, you're too pretty to be sad."

At that she smiled at me and leaned across her desk and pecked me on the cheek. I felt my cheeks redden and Alex giggled at my embarrassment.

"You're so cute when you blush," she says making me blush even deeper. I put my face in my hands and Alex laughed even more causing a laugh to escape my lips.

Lunch time finally rolled around and I had already filled Asher in earlier about everything that had happened. So Asher and I walked over to the table in the corner and had lunch with Alex. Brett walked by and I saw Alex tense up. I placed my hand on her thigh under the table and felt her relax at my touch.

It was finally time for the last class of the day and I walked into math and saw Alex and Brett alone in the classroom. Alex was seated at her desk and Brett was sitting on it. I could tell by the look on her face that she was afraid, but relief washed over her face as she saw me walking into the room.

"What the hell are you doing Brett?," I asked.

"Don't worry about it Torres! It's not any of your business."

"The fuck it isn't! Why can't you pricks just leave her alone?"

"Calm down Torres, it's not like you guys are dating! Shit!'

Alex looked up at me with a pleading look on her face.

"Brett, please just go," I said to him calmly but firmly. He looked me in the eye could see how serious I was being and slowly made his way to his own seat.

I leaned down and gave Alex a quick kiss on her forehead then sat down.

She looked back at me and said very quietly," Thank you."

"You're welcome baby." Her face lite up the moment I said baby and she gave me the biggest smile. I returned the smile just as Mr. Sullivan entered the room and began the lesson.

A/N

I know this chapter is short, but I'm going to most likely add two more chapters tonight that will probably be pretty lengthy. Please let me know what you guys think, I really want to hear your opinions on it! Thanks! :)