Chapter 4

Alex's POV

Not long after I pull into my driveway I see a truck out of the corner of my eye pulling into the neighbor's driveway. Wait, that's that girl from school. I saw her and that blonde dude sitting in it in the school parking lot. Do I wait for her to get inside before I get out or do I just make a break for my front door and pray that she doesn't notice me? I think I'm gonna make a break for it. I open my door and grab my backpack quickly before closing my car door.

"Hey!," yells Mitchie.

"Hey," I say back giving her a gentle smile. Damnit why does this have to happen?

"So you're the new neighbor huh?"

"Guess so."

"That's so cool that we live right next to each other," says Mitchie showing that gorgeous smile of hers. Wait, I did not just think that again.

"I guess."

"Well I'll see you around!," she says while waving to me.

"Yep." Thank god that did not last any longer. I finally got inside my house and drug my feet up the stairs. When I got to my room I hung my backpack on the beck of my desk chair and laid on my bed. Today could have been worse I guess. At least I didn't get made fun of or anything like that. I get up and walk over to my dresser and pull out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I change my clothes then grab my iPod and headphones and lay back down and listen to music.

Mitchie's POV

I get inside to find out that nobody else is home, typical. I walk into the kitchen and grab a water from the refrigerator then run up the stairs taking two at a time. When I get to my room I throw my backpack in the corner then head to the bathroom. As I'm walking back out of my bathroom I look out my bedroom window and see Alex next door. So that room isn't that little boy's room after all. I don't even realize that I'm kind of staring until I see Alex undressing. Holy shit! I look down at the ground out walk over to my bed. Oh my fucking god, what if she saw me. This is not good, she's going to think that I'm some kind of freak or something. She did have a pretty nice stomach though...NO Mitchie, stop that. I close my eyes and put my face in my hands.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Ughhh who could that be?! I go back downstairs and open the door without looking to even see who it is.

"Oh! Alex, what's up?," I say casually. Oh my god, she had to of saw me in her window.

"Sorry to bother you, but my mom baked a lot of cookies today and insisted that I bring some over," she says quietly while looking at the ground.

"Awh that's so sweet! Thank you," I say while taking the plate from her. "You can come in if you'd like, I don't bite."

"That's okay, I have some things I need to do but thanks."

"Anytime. I guess I'll see you tomorrow in homeroom then?"

"Yeah I guess. Seeya."

"Bye! Tell your mom I said thank you!"

"Yep."

Well that was completely and totally unexpected. I was for sure she was coming over here pissed off cause I saw her changing. Thank god she didn't.

The next morning I got to school and went to talk to my friends by the usual bench. Asher had texted m this morning saying for me to not pick him up because he wasn't feeling very good today so it was a pretty boring drive here. I walked into homeroom and saw Alex sitting in the back in the same seat as yesterday so I went and sat beside her again.