Chapter 16

A/N

okay so it's been FOREVER since I've updated. I am really so sorry. A lot has been going on. My grandma as been sick so I moved to my grandparents house from the college dorms. College has been so time consuming plus my job. Then we found out my grandma has cancer in her kidney. so it sucks, but I'm gonna really try to finish this story. Thank you to those who are still reading. I promise the next update won't take as long.

Mitchie's POV

I wake up a few hours later and glance over to my clock and see that it's 3 in the morning.

"Alex," I whisper. I brush her hair out of her face and kiss her lips softly as she stirs awake.

"Hmm," she mumbles as her eyes flutter open.

"Baby you better get home. I don't want you getting in trouble anymore than you already are," I tell her.

I feel her arms tighten around me as she pushes her face into my neck.

"I don't wanna," she says into my neck.

"I know babe but you have to."

She slowly gets up and we both get dressed. I grab her hand as we go downstairs to the front door. Before I open the door I pull her into a tight hug. I rub her back slowly as I feel tears on my skin.

"It's gonna be okay, Alex," I tell her.

"I love you," she says as she pulls her head up from my shoulder looking into my eyes.

"I love you too," I say as I lean in and press my lips to hers.

She's the first to pull away as she gives me a forced smile opening the door. I watch her as she makes her was slowly back to her house. I wish it didn't have to be this way. I can't help but feel like it's my fault. If I just would've left her alone this crap would have never happened. I sigh as I shut and lock the door and sleepily make my way back to bed. I crawl under the covers and close my eyes drifting back to sleep wishing Alex was still laying in my arms.

Alex's POV

When I reach my front door I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding. I go inside and carefully sneak up into my room and crawl under my covers. There's no way I'm getting any sleep. I can't lose Mitchie. I can't lose the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have to think of something. A thought comes to me but I shake my head because it seems way too extreme and I highly doubt Mitchie would go for it.

I turn over to grab my phone off my bedside table and see I have a text from Mitchie.

M: I miss you.

A: I miss you too.

M: What are we gonna do?

I lay back and think for a few minutes about my idea I had earlier. It couldn't hurt to bring it up could it? I mean the worst that could happen is that she would say no and we would just be back at square one. 

A: Run away with me.

I drop my phone on my stomach and run my hands over my face. She's never going to go for it. I close my eyes waiting for her to respond. After five minutes I give up and set my phone back on the table. I turn over and pull my covers back over me. As I start drifting off to sleep I hear my phone vibrate. I sit up and grab it quickly.

M: When do we leave?