Party Games

"Yes, I have to. We both do." you said, setting yourself down on the wooden seat beside the Gryffindor table. Hermione was sat next to you, her forehead in her hand and an obvious cringe on her face. Harry also sat with you but Ron was mysteriously absent from breakfast. You wondered why.

 You had been getting many strange looks as you walked through the corridors; it was obvious that some people wouldn't be happy with your 'achievement' in the assembly just a few days ago. Although no one knew, you supposed that the goblet couldn't have picked two more horrible choices: a boy whose parents were murdered by the most evil wizard in history and the most evil wizard in history's daughter. Yep, pretty unfortunate.

"I just don't see how they can let two fourteen year olds take part in the triwizard tournament - I mean - it's for people who are at least Three years older than you!" babbled Hermione, shaking her head with displeasure.

"Come on Hermione, you think we really want to be doing this?" asked Harry, trying to get Hermione's attention with little luck. She just seemed so annoyed and tired and with Ron absent it surely wasn't helping her either.

"Well, I need to head back to the Slytherin table," you exclaimed, "have fun doing... whatever you're doing."

You left Harry and Hermione and jogged over to the Slytherin table. You had become somewhat of a legend in the house - as everyone thought you had cheated to get your name in the goblet. Although you and made numerous attempts to tell them it wasn't true, they weren't having it. To them you were a very respectable and admirable cheat.

As you sat down, you felt a presence behind you. And as you turned, the figure had already sat down into the empty place beside you. 

"So, Thornheart, how's it going over your way?"

"Fine, Blaise." you said, but in a joking kind of way. "What do you want anyway?"

His brown eyes glittered with delight. He looked very handsome but, not the kind of handsome you would like to date. As you stared he chuckled a little.

"I'm having a party, in this... place I've found." he explained, leaning an arm against the table. You popped a raisin that had fallen off of your pancake into your mouth.

"I'm listening."

"We were going to invite a few people, play some games - celebrate your awesome turnout in the triwizard tournament."

You smiled a little. "More like the five wizard tournament."

Blaise chuckled quite loudly, attracting the attention of a few people around you. A pair of eyes bored into your back, but you didn't dare turn around.

"Sure," you said, "sure, I'll go."

***

You were walking slowly back to the common room after lessons, books in hand, and your bag slung over your shoulder. You were just walking past the kitchen as you heard a small shuffle in front you.

You slowed a little, trying to figure out who it was. Maybe Daphne or Pansy?

You turned back around to see if anyone was behind you but, fortunately, no one was there.

There was a louder shuffling in front of you, as if someone were actually moving this time. So, you did the first thing you thought of; you grabbed a knife with your telekinesis from the kitchen and flung it down the hallway.

Luckily, it just scraped the head of the person standing before you. A short section of their hair shaved from their head.

"Next time, Malfoy, you won't be so lucky." you said, as you pushed past the pale haired boy and strode towards the common room.