Lunchtime Games

Sitting at lunch with a overly hyper Louis is quite possibly the worst thing ever. He kept talking about some kid he had the last three blocks with. It sorta bothered me that he was telling me about his new love interest but I sucked it up. I know that it was only a matter of time before he moved on. So I decided to play his game too.

"Yea well I met a kid too." I said. At these words Louis hushed. Even Zayn stopped playing with his food to listen.

"Oh what's his name?" Louis asked.

"Yea, I'd definitely like to know." Zayn said with a bemused expression.

I was mentally stabbing myself in the throat and cutting my tongue out. Why did I open my big mouth? I defiantly had nobody in mind. I was scrolling through names in my head. I didn't really remember any of my classmates. None of them actually stood out.

They were waiting patiently so I said the first name that came to my mind. "Niall."

Zayn's face immediately paled and Louis's smiled like the Cheshire Cat. Zayn looked at me in disbelief and I begged him with my eyes to please hush. He seemed to get my message and silently went back to eating.

"Well tell me about this guy, this Niall." Louis said. Did he know I was lying? No he was up to something.

"Ummm...well he's really cute. A blonde lad with these ummm...blue eyes?" Luckily he didn't realize the uncertainty in my voice. "Ummm he's like a good boy."

"Is that all?" Louis asked. He was defiantly not buying it. I had to come up with something solid and concrete.

"Ummm he has this sweet smile and he's really sincere." I could feel the blush rising to my cheeks. What the bloody hell was I doing? "I just think he's the best."

That statement sent Zayn over the edge. He started howling with laughter, catching the attention of many of the kids. Zayn held up his hands in apology and hid his face in the palms of his hands.

"Hey Zayn." This one girl said. She had walked up to us, attracted by Zayn's laughter.

He made a slight motion to the girl, still hiding behind his hands. Her friends joined and the were all staring starstrucked at us. Louis have his million dollar smile to them and they blushed a deep red. I could see the gears starting to turn in his twisted head.

"Say you girls look like you know people around here." He said using his heavy accent to his advantage. The girls nodded at him, just itching for a request.

"Louis what are you up to?" I asked. He smiled at me in response and I wanted to choke him.

"Good so one of you could point out a Niall to me right? He's a blonde kid-" Louis started.

"Oh the shy one. Yea he's right over there." One of the girls said.

All of our attention flew to the table she was pointing at. I felt so awkward to see that they were pointing and looking at us too. I knew he was talking about me to that kid he was sitting with. I wanted to kill him but was I any better?

"Oh he is cute!" Louis chimed up. "Be right back."

With that Louis became a ninja. He quickly ran through the cafeteria and Zayn and I frowned.

"Why did you lie? You can't stand to be anywhere near Niall." Zayn said with a slight smirk.

"I'm not sure." I responded.

"Sounds like jealousy to me." He said, his grin becoming larger.

"Nooooooooo. Why would I be jealous? We're just friends with benefits. Nothing more, nothing less." I cried out. I realized my voice had gotten high pitched. Maybe he was right.