Fading

**A/N: Sorry I'm not updating a lot. I'm writing Almost Is Never Enough. Trying to get pass chapter three. It's taking a while. It sucks!**

My thoughts were driving me crazy. They kept whispering, accusing me of what happened to Zayn. It wasn't my fault, I told myself. It's all your fault, another side said. It wouldn't stop! The guilt, I killed him.

"Harry the hospital called and they said that he's okay. He's still alive." Niall whispered to me. The voices rose above his! Yelling at me. Making me feel like utter shit.

"I killed him. I killed him. I killed him." I said the thoughts out loud.

"Stop crying." Niall said, wrapping me in his embrace. Was this right? To let love kill another love?

I looked into those blue eyes that were full of love. He trusted me. He loves me. He'll help me. "Niall," was the only thing I could make myself say.

Then the image fell into my mind. Forcing me to watch what occurred yet again. The sadness that was etched unto Zayn's face. The complete sorrow and heart break that I caused. The moment he made the decision to try to kill himself when he looked away. The moment he hit the car. The blood that was coming from him. The impact that his body left! The cracking sound of his bones breaking. Everything was so vivid and so slow. I could've stopped him. If I would've rescued out instead of choking in fear. Then it ended and I was back in the room alone.

Where was Niall? I needed Niall! He was my support right now. I need my heart and that's what he was. He could make me whole. Make it better.

As if on cue he walked in and embraced me in a hug. His scent, his touch, the soft, quiet ways he just told me over and over that it's okay. I just started to cry while he rubbed my back.

"Niall what if the same thing happens to you?" I asked, fear lacing each word.

"Harry! Nothing's going to happen to me! I'm always going to be here with you, no matter what." He told me. I looked at him desperately wishing that that was true. Who knows what the future held for us.

"Niall what if you die like Zayn?" I asked, knowing that if I lost them both I'd kill myself.

"Harry for one Zayn isn't dead." He reassured me.  "Two you love me and I love you and we're always going to be together." He said.

"I don't want you to be hurt because of me." I whispered. It already happened and it'll happen again. I just knew that.

"I'll be fine." He promised, leaning in to kiss a tear that stayed on my face.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.  "Are you really sure you'll be fine?" I knew that our troubles weren't over. We haven't reached the end of the games yet.

"Harry you're confusing me." He said.

"Don't worry Niall. It's nothing." I said. He didn't know that Zayn wasn't working alone. That there was another person out to get him and that person was in his little circle of friends and loved ones.

"Harry are you okay?" He asked me in a worried tone.

"I will be. Just keep holding me please." I told him. I laid down on the bed and curled up next to him.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled. I could feel him toying with my hair.

"Twirling your curls."

"Having fun?" I asked, smiling at the boy who was curling my curls.

"Sorta," He whispered. I curled up, relaxing to his scent and I let myself sleep. It was peaceful in his arms. I dreamt of us in the future. A future that wouldn't be if things went the way there planned to go.