Chapter 2

I couldn't stand I was in so much shock I was going back in to the terrible game. Who would take care of my brother who was only 13! I can't just leave him. I know he's a strong boy but who would be there to help him when he finds out his older sister has been hacked to death by a career tribute with an axe! My mother always said to never leave him, EVER. I can't do this, I just can't.

Brett and Gina helped me over to the couch. " viola..." said Brett. Gina said "viola listen while your gone Brett and I will help care for your brother, ok?" "yes please please help him!" then I started crying. I cried in front of my friends who have never seen me cry. ever. "I have to tell Michael now."

After Brett and Gina left and mike came home I made dinner and of course he ate it faster than I could serve him. "um mike?" "Yeah?" " I need to tell you something, something important. "what is it sis?" he said between bites. "um it's that I'm going, I'm going" "going where?" Do it just do it! I thought. who am I kidding I could hardly look him in the eye without almost crying. "the games mike, I'm going back into the games!" the whole room went silent. "mike?" "I can't believe this." he said. He came over, Hugged me and tried not so show his tears. He really really tried not to cry. I tried not to myself. "it's okay buddy it's okay." I don't know how long we stood there hugging. I hope he can live just the same when I die in there. I just hope so.

It was hard to fall asleep last night. I wanted to wake up from a nightmare I wasn't having. I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the kitchen and warmed up some milk ,added some honey and sad on the balcony with a blanket and just thought. soon my brother came over and sat down with me. "couldn't sleep?" he said. "Yup." "Milk?" I offered. "yes please." "Viola I love you and I know you will come out on top again and will win again and come back to me then everything will be the same again." "yeah I know, I will try my best alright buddy?" "I love you mike." "don't cry viola." "don't cry." I didn't even realize I had been crying. I can't be weak I need to be strong. For my little brother.