Chapter 6

The nightmare woke me up. I was sweating and crying. I sat up and looked around. I was safe. good. I need my sleep. Who am I kidding,I can try all I want but I will never get back to sleep after that nightmare. I lay there thinking about what will happen in a matter of hours. then that's when I start to worry about the safety of my brother. I have a feeling I'm going to be leaving district 4 again.

~~~~~

I needed to start getting ready. The reaping was today. I got my new white dress, and a small denim jacket because it was going to be a little chilly out. I fixed my hair and brushed my teeth, and I went downstairs. I saw mike sitting there in the balcony. "Hey buddy?" He ran in there and hugged me. "I love you." he said "you made it out last time!" "you can win again!"I know" I said "maybe" just maybe.

"C'mon let's go sign in." We both walked over reluctantly. "next!" I walked up and as she pricked my finger for the blood they needed to identify me. I was looking for mike. scanning the whole courtyard. he was with a couple of his friends. I walked over and found a place in my group. "good luck" I didn't even need to turn around to see who it was. "hey Gina." I turned around and hugged her. "yeah I'm gonna need it." "don't worry viola." Have you seen Brett viola?" "no I haven't Gina." I'm worried about him. we were interrupted by a very squeaky shrilly voice. Her name was Lillian lorenson. District 4's escort. "welcome! welcome!" "welcome to the 75th annual hunger games! also the 2nd quarter quell! Now, shall we move on and choose this years tributes! "Let's start with the ladies! This Is where I knew the time had come. I looked over at Michael. he was looking at me too. trying to keep from crying. It takes a lot to do even that. "Viola Ravin!" I freeze and try to be strong. I cannot show weakness here. Not ever. I step up to the platform and shake Lillian's hand. I remember the last time I saw her, blue hair. now changed to a soft purple. That's the Capitol for you. I glanced over at mike. I gave him an it's alright look. And for our boys! " "Finnick Odair!" Finnick looked very sad as he walked up to the platform. A woman screamed as he left the crowd. "This years Tributes from district 4!" we shook hands and left to the justice building.