Chapter 17

Finnick's POV

~~~~~~~~~~

"Viola, Finnick, I have some bad news." she mutters. "What is it?" Viola says placing her hand on her shoulder. "The game makers have informed me..." There is a long pause. "Informed you of what Mags?" I say in a comforting tone. "It has been decided by President Snow, That must go in the games with both of you." My eyes widen. Viola hugs Mags so she doesn't start to cry. And she doesn't cry. "Why?" "I don't know Finnick." "But there is no getting out of it." "So it's certain?" "Yes viola, certain." "We need to get to bed, tomorrow's you have the interview with Cesar Flickerman!"

Viola's POV

~~~~~~~~

Cesar. He always brightens things up. Im looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. I make some hot tea, and go to my room. I sit down on my bed sipping my tea. I think about how hectic tomorrow will be. I grab a blanket and go up to my favorite place here. The roof, It has such a breathtaking view. Much like the sunset on the horizon back home. I step into the elevator, almost tripping on the blanket I brought along. I sit down on one of the chairs there, and see the Capitol skyscrapers and buildings. The lights indicate a party. Huh, must be nice, not having to worry about having somebody with a knife at your throat. "Its amazing, isn't it?" I gasp looking around. Finnick. Huh, should've known I wasn't going to be alone. "Sure is." I finally say, snapping out of my trance. "Viola, about the other day..." "It's fine Finnick." "No really, I shouldn't have done that." "No it's fine" I peck his cheek, and he holds me close. It's like I was meant to be there, in his arms. I never wanted this to end.

Finnick's POV

~~~~~~~~~~

She fell asleep, right there in my arms. I lay down with her and fall asleep as well.

It was cold when we woke up that morning. "Morning." "Whaaa?" she yawns. "Morning Finnick." She says a smile lighting up her beautiful face. "Finnick!?" "Crap!" "We fell asleep up here didn't we!" she realizes. "What time is it?" she says calming down. "How should I know?" I shrug. "Really?"

"Yeah really."

"Besides" I say, "Who cares?"

"I do!" "The interviews are today" she smiles.

Then I pick her up and start running down stairs.

"What are you doing!?" She laughs showing her stunning smile. "Running?" "What else?" I smile.

We Speed through the kitchen and looks come from everyone eating. "Where have you two been?!" Calls out Mags and Lillian. We open the door to her room and I set her down. We burst out laughing. "My stomach hurts!" she says.

Viola's POV

~~~~~~~~

"C'mon Finnick!" "I need to get ready! " I say still laughing. "Fine" leaves, smiling as he shuts the door.

I fall on the bed, smiling

Hoped you liked it!

Comment and vote maybe?

Please?

Thanks to my 104 people who read this! I love every single one of you!

Byee!

Maddy ☺️