Chapter 5

I woke from a nightmare. Not so intense as ones before, but still a nightmare. I rolled out of bed and put on some jeans and a cute sweater. I got my sketchbook and pencils and went to the kitchen. On my way out I got an apple, and headed to the beach. I needed some time to myself. Some time to think. I started sketching the horizon where the waves and the sun meet. I was so consumed in the beauty of the sunrise. Soon I started to fill in with color. It was finished. I thought it came out great. "Huh, didn't know you could draw?" I whirled around to see Finnick Odair standing behind me. "Hello Finnick" I scoffed. "You shouldn't scare people like that you know." He knelt down and sat next to me. He was drawing little circles in the ground with a stick. He broke the silence with a sentence I was in no mood to hear.. "So the reaping tomorrow huh?" He said. "what are you excited?" "Why would I be?" He said this with a sad look on his face. "Listen" I said. "the Capitol only wants a good show. " "whoever gets picked gets picked." "I'm not going to waste a day worring about it." "yeah I guess your right." he said. "I gotta go, brothers to feed." with that I left. I still don't like him any better than yesterday, so don't get the wrong idea. I just didn't want to ruin the mood. Besides, he looked sad. I saw Michael on the couch eating a poptart waiting for me. "where've you been?"he said with a grin on his face. "at the beach." "Oh alright." he said with his mouth full. We went just about everywhere today. everywhere except Brett and Gina's. I knocked on Brett's door and nobody was home. "huh?" I guess I'll see him tomorrow then." "let's go home mike." "You hungry?" " as if I have to ask." I said laughing. "pasta okay?" "yeah pasta sounds good." we ate and went to bed. And I had the most terrible nightmare.
~~~~~~~~~~~~