in·som·ni·a

In the way of the world, she was a gift. In the way of her mind, she was a disease.

The sun thought otherwise. The gleaming golden rays decided to shine light onto her pale flesh. A spine tingling sensation roamed the length of her back, and for the first time in a while she let the warmth engulf her entire being.

She was so alone. Alone in her sense of mind. Alone despite the fact she was surrounded with friends. Her mind was crowded, yet she had never felt more alone.

The grass thought otherwise. It appeared in thick patches and bloomed throughout the seasons just to see her beautiful face. The grass volunteered  each and every one of its short green stalks to make her feel complete.

In her eyes every square inch of her body had a flaw. The worst of them all being the bags under her eyes. Every day she hated them more. Every morning they appeared darker and deeper than the night before.

The wind thought otherwise. It tugged at the wavy pieces of golden brown hair that reached just below her shoulder blades. The wind thought she was gorgeous and tried not to bother her in any way, knowing that she had already gone through more than enough.

Her happiness came in the form of the piano. Music within itself was a remedy, and this girl could play the piano better than she could walk. She would never admit it of course, instead she would simply lose herself in the instrument. The way her nimble fingers grazed across the keys would make anyone wonder how she wasn't a descendant of Mozart. The girl was a prodigy with a mind so active yet so alone it kept her up at night for hours.

Everyone else saw a talented individual,

but all she saw was an insomniac.

|| hey guys! I know this first chapter is short-as most of the chapters will be. I'm taking a different approach with this story that I hope you will enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed writing. Please leave a comment telling me what you think!

much love xx

-nat||