journal entry

entry #31 in: curious jim

the night was dark when he followed me out of the window. darker than usual. my eyes had a hard time adjusting at first, which was quite shocking. i was so used to the darkness.

the stars weren't as bright as they were the weeks before and as my feet pattered through the grass i couldn't quite understand why. josh was running his mouth behind me about trouble or something, and that's when i felt it. the light from the stars, the moon, and even the guards' flashlights was right behind me.

i stopped in my tracks and turned to look at josh. he was almost blinding. a toxic blue aura floated around him so bright that i wanted to reach out and touch it. i didn't. i turned right around and found window number sixty-seven.

the same old round bush sat in front of my spot under the window.

josh left me as soon as we sat down. i didn't touch him, and i didn't talk as he started to speak to tyler. i watched his aura turn from a toxic blue to a powder blue. his words were sincere and soft, like the night breeze that played with the grass beneath our feet.

that same voice that i had heard before seeped from josh's lips like cold medicine. it wasn't josh's voice, it was someone else, i was guessing it was this tyler he spoke of. i had no room to judge, i just listened. everyone in the institution had their own happenings and apparently these were josh's.

it was only a matter of time before my mind began to wander itself. the trees that swayed in front of my open eyes turned into watercolor paintings as soon as i closed them.
the colors turned from burnt orange to excited yellow to my dull red words to josh's toxic blue words. the colors mixed into the most brilliant display of purple i had ever seen and for once, i was beginning to think that my heart knew how to paint much better than my mind.

october 21st, 2009
9:43pm
-ro