Chapter 14

Ellie P.O.V

What the f**k did I do?!
I never want a beer or wine again.
Dan hates me. He HATES me.
So many thoughts raced through my head as I ran through the crowd looking for Dan.
He hates you. He loathes you.
You really think he'll forgive you?
He loves me. Still. Hopefully.
As I'm running my phone rings.
I pull it out with no hesitation, hoping it was Dan.
It was Phil.
I realize it's 10:30 at night and he is still at the hospital. Him and Lily never came.
I answer and he sounds distressed.
" Phil? Are you ok? Where were you?" I say.
" Lily stopped talking." He said. He sounded like he was crying.
" What?!"
" I came to come pick her up but she just sat in her bed. I starting talking to her but she's not answering! She just stopped." He said.
" She won't even smile."
I took me a minute to take it all in.
Lily, not Smile? This was bound to be impossible for her. All she did was smile. This was really bad.
" Ok I'll be there in a second." I say and hang up. Was gonna have to wait.
Lillian needed me. I hailed a cab and hurried to the hospital.
When I get there, Phil was pacing outside. And Dan leaned against the wall, arms crossed. Not looking angry, just disappointed.
All three of us made eye contact.
Phil looked happy to see me, relieved even. But Dan was the opposite.
" Thank god you're here." Said Phil as he pulled me to the small window peering into Lillian's room.
She was curled up in a ball under her blankets motionless.
" She won't do anything...she might with you though." He said. I nodded and slowly opened the door.
" Hello Lily." I say gently as I chose the door behind me and sit in her bed. She doesn't move or answer.
" How are you? You missed a..." I gulped.
" A interesting party. Louise was there and Tyler Oakley." I start some small talk. She still doesn't respond. I slowly lift up the covers and see her face.
She had the beanie I had given her on. She had leggings and a old soft sweat shirt that Phil had given her on as well. She even was curled up with a stuffed Totoro Dan gave her.
" Lily...please just talk to me." I say griping her hand.
" I miss your smile." I whisper.
I look at her and see her staring at me. Her green gold eyes burned wholes in my head.
I lay down next to her. We stare at each other for a few moments until I speak again.
" Phil really care about you huh?" I say smiling.
She nodded slightly, at least she had sorta responded.
" It's really nice to have someone there to make you happy right?" I say and she smiles. She smiled. The first real teeth smile I've seen in weeks.
" He loves you. And so do I. Even Dan loves you. So please don't stop smiling. Ok?" I say and she nods.
I kiss her forehead and tuck her into the blankets.
" Sweet Dreams Lily.." I say and close the door quietly.
I turn to see Phil giving me a half smile.
" She not gone. She smiled. She is a tough one."I say and give him a light dig in the arm.
I look to Dan who was leaning on the wall staring at his toes.
" Let's go." I say.
We al have had enough emotional damage that night.