Chapter 20

Lillian P.O.V

" It's gonna be okay." Ellie tried to re-assure me. Today was the day of the surgery. I was terrified. I just stared out of the window and tried not to think about it. The night time sky was sprinkled with stars standing in a sea of inky black, like the skies I have painted a million times before. I looked down on all the tiny little people running down the streets looking for a cab. Dan and Phil ask they were gonna be here. It's been awhile and I had the worst feeling in my stomach. That feeling when you know something was gonna go wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong.
Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Ellie admiring my painting I had temporarily hung on the walls of my hospital room.
" These are beautiful Lily. You're mum should be proud. I know she is." She ask picking up a painting.
I just nodded,I stayed silent. I was too nervous.
It silent for a moment, until Brynn walked in with a smile.
" Hey Sugar. I just wanted to stop by before your big surgery today." She said with a slight smile.
" Hey. Thanks for stopping by. I'm really nervous." I say quietly turning in my chair.
" Honey Bun you got nothing to worry about! Doctors Laweruance and Daniels will fa amazing job. They always do!" She said patting my shoulder. I smiled a little before there was a knock on the door.
" Williams, Lillian? It's time for your leukemian cardiac surgery." Said a male nurse with orange died hair.
I went pale with a full gulp.
I stood up and walked over to Ellie who was on the verge of tears.
" Remember, I love you so much. Forever Sisters?" I say with a tear running down my cheek and hers. She nodded, too choked to say anything and hugged me tight.
" Forever Lil's." She said and she let me go, have way sobbing.
Brynn stood up and walked over to her and put her arm around Ellie's shoulder. I waved one last time then exited.

" Lillian you'll be a little sleepy with the  pain meds we put you. Just relax." Said the older blond haired Doctor. I took a shaky sleepy breath, and closed my eyes. Thinking of nothing before I started to think.
Dan and Phil hadn't come yet.
But they would. I know they will....
Hopefully.