Chapter 18

Lillian P.O.V

Yeah. I'm scared. Scared as heck. I was on a balancing scale of life and death.
For the next 3 weeks I sat in my room painting. It was the only thing to get my mind off what was gonna happen. I painted everyone I knew. Everything I loved. Every place I loved. I drew my dreams and nightmares across the paper and canvas. If I was gonna leave, I might as well leave something great. I had a few boxes of paintings as the weeks went by.
I had also made a new friend, a little weird for me.
When Phil and Dan or Ellie weren't around, a young nurse about my age would visits and talk. Her name was Brynn, she had blonde wavy hair and the most interesting eyes. I had hidden them in a few of my paintings.
She had the most interesting stories, some about going on tour with a band she once knew and some were about places she had traveled with them. She actually was friends with the band 5Sos for the longest time. Which was really cool.
One morning when I sat on my bed watching Phil is not on fire 3, and she had came in with my breakfast.
" Morning Hon!" She said. She had the funniest and nicest southern accent I've ever heard.
" Morning. How are you Ms.Hemmson?" I say starting to eat the eggs on my plate.
" Please darlin' call me Brynn. So has you friends stopped by yet this morning?" She asked sitting besides me.
" No. But they will, they always do." I say wiping my mouth.
" They seem like your people. Hey Aren't you still in college?" She asked.
" Yep. My friend Ellie picks up my work every week and then turns it in when I'm finished. I'm a general arts major." I say.
" Well I'll be, no wonder! You're always painting these wonderful things all the time." She said holding up a painting of a night time sky that was sitting next to her.
" I finished college a year ago. I went to Oklahoma State and I went to be a nurse. I've always wanted to be a nurse. Never thought I'd end up in London, England of all places but I guess that's life. You never where the crazy life train is go drop you off or pick you up." She said and looked at me smiling.
" I guess you're right." I say.
We soon get into a conversation about something I don't honestly remember.
When Phil and Ellie walk in.
" Hey Lily!" Said Phil. His face was covered by a bouquet of colorfully arranged Lily's.
" Oh darlin' ain't he sweet! Well I'll let you sweethearts have your time. See you later sweet patater!" She said and left the room.
" Well she seems doesn't she seem perky and a dandelion on a sunny day!" Said Ellie doing a phony southern accent. I roll my eyes and take the flowers from Phil and inhale their scent, they were fresh and sweet.
" Phil these at beautiful. Thank you." I say and smile at him.
" They um...reminded me of you." He said and blushed.
" Oh don't get all sappy and ooey gooey on us Phil." Said Ellie with a small laugh. He rolls his eyes and sits in my bed.
" Where is Dan?" I ask and Phil and Ellie exchange sneaky smiling looks.
" We can't tell you."  Said Ellie.
" It's a surprise! So get up out of bed and get dressed we are going out!"Said Phil pulling me out of bed. I laughed a little before telling the to leave so can get ready. This was gonna be interesting.