Chapter 22

Ellie P.O.V

I sat in the small chair in Lily's hospital room. They wouldn't let me wait outside the surgery room, I hated that.
But it's wasn't the only thing that worried me. Dan and Phil hadn't come yet. It was pouring and the roads were terrible.
I sat watched the window, I wasn't alone. Brynn had come back to make feel better and not to leave me alone.
It was silent, she played with her hands as I hugged my knees and watched the busy cars outside.
" Hey...um, I know we aren't really friendly with each other yet, but, your friend is gonna be ok." She said. I looked at her and smiled slightly.
" I wanna thank you. You kept her company when I couldn't be here. You made her smile. That's what I wanted." I say.
" It was a pleasure. She is such a sweet girl. And I know you and your other friends really care about her-" she started before there was yelling out side. Both our heads spun toward the door. There's were to gurneys and a crowd of people running down the hall.
Both me and Brynn run out the door. We stand there until both the gurneys pass us and I catch a glimpse of a cut up face.

It was Phil.

All blood drained from my face. The next gurney zoomed pass me and I ran after it. I squeezed my way unnoticed through the crowd of nurses. I saw Dan and my heart dropped and was ran over by a train. His face was splattered in thick Crimson blood and His shirt was torn and ripped up. I felt like I was gonna throw up.
" What happens to him?" I say loudly and shakily. A male nurse with black hair looked at me confused until he saw my concerned face.
" The two boys were in a can before it slipped and swerved into traffic. The driver is fine, but these two not so much." He said. I cried and followed the gurney to the medical emergency room until they wouldn't let me come with them any further.
I stood there trying to look through small windows in the doors.
I started to hyperventilate when Brynn came running after me. Her face saddened when she saw me, tears streaming down my face. She came over and hugged me, and rubbed my back.
" It's gonna be ok. It's ok Sweetheart."
She said as I sobbed into her shirt. My world was falling apart. I thought I was gonna lose everyone I cared about.
After a long time, I had finally stopped crying and called Dan and Phil's parents. I told them what happened and they rushed there right away. I broke my heart to call them and give them the news.
After a long and painful hour, we could see both of them. Both the families and me walked into the hospital room they were held in. They both were asleep. Bandaged up and bruised.
I'm not gonna cry again. I'm not gonna cry again.
They're parents talked and cried for awhile. Until they had to leave. I darted and went over to Dan. He had a mask over his face, pumping breathes into his lungs. He looked dead. He could be dead. I didn't want to believe anything.
I sat next to the bed where Dan was asleep, when a doctor came.
" You're Elizabeth Huntson, right?" He said.
" Yes. Who's asking?" I say turning. He steps aside and another gurney comes though the doors.
Lillian.